|Night's Black Agents|
|Companion(s):||Jamie McCrimmon (Land of Fiction)|
|Main enemy:||Reverend Merodach|
|Main setting:||Scotland, 1780|
The Land of Fiction
|Release date:||May 2010|
|Format:||2 episodes on 1 disc|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Time Vampire||Solitaire|
They are offered shelter by the Reverend Merodach, the minister of the parish of Lammermoor, and are welcomed to his castle. But strange forces are at work within its walls, and Merodach is not what he appears.
Can the Doctor and Jamie prevent their powerful enemy from taking the TARDIS for himself?
to be added
- The Doctor tells Jamie that the Scottish legend of the Kelpie has no basis in fact.
- Reverend Merodach is the minister of the parish of Lammermoor in Lothian.
- Jamie describes Reverend Merodach as resembling a "chewed out apple core."
- Reverend Merodach states that the wearing of tartan has been banned in Scotland since the Jacobite Rising in the 1740s.
- Reverend Merodach describes the Doctor's coat as resembling that of "a carnival magician."
- The Doctor quotes Macbeth.
- Reverend Merodach contemptuously refers to Bonnie Prince Charlie as "an Italian dandy."
- This is the first Companion Chronicle to feature the Sixth Doctor.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 October 2009.
- Reverend Merodach refers to the Doctor's recent arrival in Scotland and his defeat of the Red Caps. (AUDIO: City of Spires)
- Reverend Merodach mentions the Battle of Culloden, which took place on 16 April 1746. The Second Doctor, Ben Jackson and Polly Wright first met the real Jamie McCrimmon in the aftermath of the battle. (TV: The Highlanders)
- Guthrie had previously told the Doctor of a "sorcerer" and his crooked headed maidservant at Lammermoor. (AUDIO: City of Spires)
- Reverend Merodach reminds Jamie that Bonnie Prince Charlie fled the battlefield of Culloden dressed as a washerwoman. (TV: The Highlanders)
- Official Night's Black Agents page at bigfinish.com
- Night's Black Agents at the Doctor Who Reference Guide