|Night of the Whisper|
|Main enemy:||The Whisper|
|Main setting:||New Vegas, the 23rd century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions, AudioGO|
|Writer:||Cavan Scott & Mark Wright|
|Read by:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Release date:||1 September 2013 (download)|
2 September 2013 (CD)
|Destiny of the Doctor|
|Enemy Aliens||Death's Deal|
Publisher's summary Edit
New Vegas, 23rd Century — a sprawling city huddling beneath an artificial atmospheric bubble on a distant moon. Pleasure seekers flock there from every corner of the galaxy, to take in the shows and play the tables in the huge casinos. But beneath the glitz and the glitter, organised crime rules the streets.
Whilst Rose Tyler works as a waitress in the Full Moon nightclub, Jack Harkness poses as a reporter for the Daily Galaxy. Meanwhile, the Doctor is helping the police department with their investigation into the Whisper, a strange vigilante that has been terrorising the city's underworld. But the Doctor is also on a mission of his own — to save Police Chief McNeil's life at all costs.
to be added
- The Doctor mentions the Judoon to Rose, who has never heard of them before.
- The Doctor owns a Whizzer and Chips 1978 Spud Gun.
- The Doctor claims to have been in a film with Humphrey Bogart, who he claims is the only man who ever beat him at chess.
- Wolfsbane claims to be owner of the Consortium thanks to Bad Wolf Holdings.
- The Eleventh Doctor acknowledges that his contacting the Ninth violates some laws of time.
- This audio was recorded on 31 May 2013.
- This is the first original audio to feature the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler, and the first set in Series 1
- This is the first (non-televised) original story starring the Ninth Doctor, Rose Tyler and Jack Harkness since PROSE: The Stealers of Dreams in September 2005.
- In contrast to the previous releases featuring the companion as the protagonist, the Ninth Doctor serves as the main character.
- The phrase "The trip of a lifetime" is invoked several times; this references the words spoken by the Doctor to the viewing audience during the first BBC One trailer promoting the return of the series in 2005.
- At 79 minutes and 53 seconds, this has the longest running time of any release in the Destiny of the Doctor range.
- The Eleventh Doctor hijacked a giant television screen in New Vegas to tell the Ninth Doctor to save the life of Police Chief James McNeil. (AUDIO: Destiny of the Doctor). He calls this incarnation "Ears" (TV: Rose) before apologizing, saying it was something Pond "used to say".
- The Doctor dismisses Rose's questioning of the Eleventh Doctor's identity; she will not find out about his ability to change faces until TV: The Parting of the Ways.
- The Doctor once again calls humans "stupid apes". (TV: Father's Day)
- Jack has a spare sonic blaster, after the Doctor confiscated his previous one. (TV: The Doctor Dances)
- Rose has visited Raxacoricofallapatorius and Woman Wept. (TV: Boom Town)