Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|No Man's Land|
|Main enemy:||Brook, Wood|
|Main setting:||Charnage Hospital, 1917|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Simon Robinson|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||November 2006|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Memory Lane||Year of the Pig|
Publisher's summary Edit
It is 1917 and the Doctor, Hex and Ace find themselves in a military hospital in northern France. But the terrifying, relentless brutality of the Great War that wages only a few miles away is the least of their concerns.
The travellers become metaphysical detectives when the Doctor receives orders to investigate a murder. A murder that has yet to be committed...
Who will be the victim? Who will be the murderer? What is the real purpose of the Hate Room? Can the Doctor solve the mystery before the simmering hate and anger at Charnage Hospital erupts in to a frenzy of violence?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Lieutenant-Colonel Brook - Michael Cochrane
- Sergeant Wood - Rob Dixon
- Captain Dudgeon - Rupert Wickham
- Private Taylor - Oliver Mellor
- Lance-Corporal Burridge - Ian Hayles
- Private Dixon - Michael Adams
- Ace studied the war poets at school, specifically Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon.
- Hex tells Ace that his mother's full name was Cassandra Elizabeth Schofield.
- The Forge is theorised to be the agency behind the experiments.
Time travel Edit
- The Doctor refers the 1993 comedy film Groundhog Day in order to describe the effects of a time loop.
- An illustrated preview, illustrated by Martin Geraghty appeared in DWM 376.
- This audio drama was recorded on 29 and 30 July 2006 at The Moat Studios.
- Ace and Hex mention their recent visit to Ireland in September 1649. (AUDIO: The Settling)
- Ace refers to seeing her mother Audrey as a baby in Maiden's Point in 1943 (TV: The Curse of Fenric) and meeting her younger brother Liam McShane in San Antonio on Ibiza on 14 May 1997 (AUDIO: The Rapture).
- Hex tells Ace that his mother's name was Cassandra Elizabeth Schofield. Unbeknownst to him, the Sixth Doctor and his former companion Evelyn Smythe had met her on two occasions, in 2001 and November 2004. They witnessed her death at the hands of Nimrod on the latter occasion. (AUDIO: Project: Twilight, AUDIO: Project: Lazarus) He left his only photograph of her in his flat in Shoreditch in 2021 before departing with the Doctor and Ace in the TARDIS. (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- During his sixth incarnation, the Doctor first learned of the existence of the Forge in London in 1999. (AUDIO: Project: Twilight) He and Evelyn later visited its alpha facility in Dartmoor in November 2004. (AUDIO: Project: Lazarus) The Doctor, Ace and Hex would later visit to its beta facility in London in April and May 2025. (AUDIO: Project: Destiny) Subsequently, an older version of the Seventh Doctor visited the Forge's alpha facility once again in 2008, shortly before its destruction. (AUDIO: Project: Lazarus)
- Hex's involvement in the Charnage Hospital incident would later be included in the Forge's files concerning him, which were contained in its beta facility in 2025. (AUDIO: Project: Destiny)
- During his eighth incarnation, the Doctor would visit another World War I era French military hospital shortly after the deaths of his companion Lucie Miller and his great-grandson Alex Campbell. It was there that he met his new companion Molly O'Sullivan, an Irish Voluntary Aid Detachment nursing assistant. (AUDIO: The Great War)
- Official No Man's Land page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for No Man's Land at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide