|No More Lies|
|Main enemy:||Dr. Nick Zimmerman|
The Tar Modowk
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Gareth Jenkins at ERS|
|Sound:||Gareth Jenkins at ERS|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||June 2007|
|The New Eighth Doctor Adventures|
No More Lies was the fifth story, though sixth release part of Big Finish Productions' The New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories that were co-produced with BBC 7. This story featured Vortisaurs, a species that had been introduced in the first series of Big Finish's Eighth Doctor audio stories and had last appeared in Minuet in Hell.
What links a disintegrating spaceship to a posh garden party, where a wealthy couple are celebrating their love for each other in style? Gatecrashers the Doctor and Lucie think they know the answer. But they're not the only uninvited guests — ferocious alien warriors riding pterodactyl-like Vortisaurs are about to make their entrance!
to be added
- The Doctor – Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller – Sheridan Smith
- The Headhunter – Katarina Olsson
- Nick Zimmerman – Nigel Havers
- Rachel Zimmerman – Julia McKenzie
- Gordon Davidson – Tom Chadbon
- Tar-Modowk Leader – Tim Hudson
- The Doctor and Lucie have been pursuing Dr. Zimmerman for quite some time.
- Lucie accuses the Doctor of "always looking at [her] bum."
- Nick and Rachel Zimmerman have been married for over 30 years. Gordon Davidson is Rachel's younger brother. Their father is deceased.
- One of Gordon's hips was shattered by a bullet.
- Dr. Zimmerman has a time whip, the effects of which are only dangerous to time sensitives such as the Time Lords.
- The Tar Modowk are a race that feed on time. This process is known as chronosynthesis. They live in the Time Vortex.
- Lucie describes the Tar Modowk leader as "a bulking, great thing."
- Rachel's native language is Hungarian.
- Soon after the TARDIS materialises at the garden party, the Doctor realises that it is trapped in a time loop.
- Gordon is a retired police officer. He served for eighteen years in the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and eventually became a Detective Inspector.
- The Doctor gives one of the Vortisaurs the name "Margaret."
- Rachel is dying of cancer. Zimmerman set up the time loop so that they could have longer together.
- Lucie refers to Gordon as "Flash Gordon."
- This audio drama was recorded on 24 and 29 August 2006 at The Moat Studios.
- The ending of this story leads directly into AUDIO: Human Resources.
- The Doctor mentions that he once had a pet Vortisaur named Ramsay. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- Lucie refers to her aunt Patricia Ryder, whom she recently encountered in Bramlington in 1974. (AUDIO: Horror of Glam Rock)
- The Headhunter kidnaps Lucie and takes her to Hulbert Logistics on Lonsis in 2006. (AUDIO: Human Resources)
- Official No More Lies page at bigfinish.com
- No More Lies at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for No More Lies at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide