Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Now, Get Out of That|
|Subject:||cliffhangers in Doctor Who|
|Original to the DVD:||Terror of the Vervoids|
|Interviewees:||Robert Shearman, Joseph Lidster, Nev Fountain, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Anneke Wills, Sophie Aldred|
|Executive producer:||Ed Stradling|
It attempted to categorise cliffhangers in various ways, and came up with examples of several main types of cliffhanger, including:
- those which reveal a monster - The Ark in Space parts 1-3, Terror of the Zygons part 1, Terror of the Vervoids part 1, Aliens of London
- those which suggest the Doctor is about to die - The Caves of Androzani parts 1 and 3, The Deadly Assassin part 3, The Ultimate Foe part 2
- those points at which the narrative completely changes track - "An Unearthly Child", The Mind Robber part 1, The Face of Evil part 3, The Curse of Fenric part 3, Bad Wolf
- those cliffhangers which "cheat" by introducing new footage into the cliffhanger reprise which suddenly gives a way out of the cliffhanger not visible in the previous episode - The Mark of the Rani part 1, Image of the Fendahl part 1, Genesis of the Daleks part 2, The Stolen Earth
- flatly rubbish cliffhangers - Dragonfire part 1, Death to the Daleks episode 3, virtually every cliffhanger during The Trial of a Time Lord — though especially Terror of the Vervoids parts 3 and 4, Snakedance part 3