|Featuring:||Chris, Jason, Roz|
|Main enemy:||Randolph Bane|
|Main setting:||Malanoor, 2594|
|Release date:||2 March, 1998|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 244 Pages|
Bernice Summerfield New Adventures
|Walking to Babylon||The Medusa Effect|
- You may wish to consult
Oblivion (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Oblivion is the eleventh Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures novel. This novel is a sequel to Sky Pirates!, and features Bernice Summerfield, Chris Cwej, Jason Kane and Roz Forrester. Chris had already seen Roz die, but this appearance is prior to her first appearance in Original Sin.
Publisher's summary Edit
Roz snarled up into the face of her abductor. "If you touch me I'll kill you. Who are you? Just what the hell is going on?" The blond man looked down at her with a mixture of what looked like fear and pain. "My name's Chris Cwej," he said. "And as to what's going on, hell is probably as good a word for it as any."
Something has burst through the worn and patchwork fabric of the universe, like a high-velocity round through a rotten apple. The timelines are cut loose and whipsawing — alternative pasts, presents and futures slicing through the world we think of as real.
At the centre of the disruption three adventurers, Nathan li Shao, Leetha and Kiru, are trapped on a parallel Earth — flung from one twisted alternative to another by a man called Deed, who has usurped the power of the Godhead. If their friend Sgloomi Po cannot reach them in time they will be obliterated. Deed is attempting to forge his own reality and consign all others to oblivion.
To help end the chaos, Sgloomi has assembled a number of old friends: Bernice Summerfield, the feckless Jason Kane and Christopher Rodonante Cwej ... but there has been one small mistake. A miscalculation has placed someone among them who should not be there. Someone who should be dead.
to be added
Alternative timelines Edit
- In an alternative life Benny was in the military.
- According to Chris, the universe has 1.5 billion years left to go.
- The Roz that appears here is plucked from a point in time before she met Benny, Chris or the Seventh Doctor, and therefore has yet to die.
- Jason has some unfinished work in the Catan Nebula.
to be added
- According to author Dave Stone, this is the third part in a trilogy consisting of: PROSE: Sky Pirates!, Death and Diplomacy and this novel.
- The Schirron Dream and her crew last appeared in PROSE: Sky Pirates!
- Roz Forrester last appeared (and died) in PROSE: So Vile a Sin.
- Jason Kane last appeared in PROSE: Deadfall.
- Chris Cwej last appeared in PROSE: Mean Streets.
- Oblivion at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Oblivion at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Oblivion