Obverse Books is a fiction imprint set up in 2008 by Stuart Douglas with the aim of providing more adult-oriented Doctor Who related fiction, with initial emphasis on the character of Iris Wildthyme, created by Paul Magrs for the BBC Books range.
Starting in 2011, Obverse published the Obverse Quarterly, a subscription based quarterly paperback series, with initial offerings including spin-off collections from Iris Wildthyme, vintage genre reprints, horror stories, and a collection of tales centred round the albino Sexton Blake villain, Zenith, with contributions from Michael Moorcock, Paul Magrs and George Mann.
Since early 2016, Obverse have published the bi-monthly Black Archive series of books examining individual Doctor Who stories.
Iris Wildthyme series Edit
- Iris Wildthyme and the Celestial Omnibus (editors, Paul Magrs and Stuart Douglas, 2009)
- The Panda Book of Horror (editors Stuart Douglas & Paul Magrs, 2009)
- Ms Wildthyme and Friends Investigate
- Iris: Abroad (editors Stuart Douglas & Paul Magrs, 2010)
- Wildthyme in Purple (editors Cody Quijano-Schell and Stuart Douglas, 2011)
- Lady Stardust (editor Stuart Douglas, 2012)
- Iris: Fifteen (editor Stuart Douglas, 2013)
- Iris Wildthyme of Mars (editor Philip Purser-Hallard, 2014)
- The Perennial Miss Wildthyme (editor Dale Smith, 2015)
BLACK ARCHIVE Edit
- Rose (Jon Arnold)
- The Massacre (James Cooray-Smith)
- The Ambassadors of Death (L M Myles)
- Dark Water / Death in Heaven (Philip Purser-Hallard)
- Image of the Fendahl (Simon Bucher-Jones)
- Ghost Light (Jonathan Dennis)
- The Mind Robber (Andrew Hickey)
- Black Orchid (Ian Millsted)
- The God Complex (Paul Driscoll)
- Obverse Books - Order Observe books.