a real world point of view
|Script release:||The Audio Scripts: Volume Four|
|Main setting:||The Sector of Forgotten Souls|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Gareth Jenkins|
|Cover by:||Clayton Hickman|
|Release date:||August 2003|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
Omega was the forty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first audio story in a rough tetralogy of single-word title stories featuring each Doctor from Big Finish's range; aside from the Eighth Doctor story Zagreus, each features an individual from the TV series. The next story was Davros, followed by Master.
Publisher's summary Edit
He's not the only one journeying towards it. Jolly Chronolidays prides itself on giving its tourists an experience of galactic history that is far better than mere time travel.
Its motto is, "We don't go into history, we prefer to bring history to you".
When Omega's ship suddenly materialises in front of their shuttle, and one of their employees goes insane and tries to destroy his hands...
...suddenly it's not just a motto anymore.
And Omega -- and his madness -- is closer than they think.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Omega - Ian Collier
- Sentia - Caroline Munro
- Professor Ertikus - Patrick Duggan
- Daland - Hugo Myatt
- Tarpov - Conrad Westmaas
- Zagreus - Jim Sangster
- Maven - Faith Kent
- Glinda - Anita Elias
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor mentions he is almost nine hundred years old.
- The Celestial Preservation Agency state that the Doctor is a great hero of their time in Gallifrey's history.
Energy and radiation Edit
- There is a high level of psionic radiation in the Sector of Forgotten Souls. It occasionally drives people mad.
- A member of the Celestial Preservation Agency arrives in what appears to be a Type 103 sentient TARDIS.
Time Lords Edit
- Omega's starship is an Omegan sun skimmer.
- This story marks the first and only appearance of Omega in an audio drama.
- Conrad Westmaas (Tarpov) would later play the Cheshire Cat in AUDIO: Zagreus and the Eighth Doctor's companion C'rizz, beginning in AUDIO: The Creed of the Kromon.
- This audio drama was recorded on 4 and 5 February 2003 at The Moat Studios.
- An illustrated preview for this story featured in DWM 334 with artwork by Martin Geraghty.
- Omega last appeared in TV: Arc of Infinity.
- Omega refers to the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey. (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- While the Doctor is dealing with Omega in the Sector of Forgotten Souls, his companions Nyssa and Tegan Jovanka spend several days on holiday in Amsterdam in January 1983 before the three of them travel to Florana. (AUDIO: The Elite)
- The Doctor would later visit the "elephants' graveyard" of TARDISes in the company of Peri Brown and Erimem. (AUDIO: The Axis of Insanity)
- Official Omega page at bigfinish.com
- Omega at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Omega at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide