|One Careful Owner|
|Main setting:||208th century|
|Printed in:||DWA 143|
|Release date:||26 November 2009|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Doomsilk||The Garden Rebellion|
After arriving on an alien planet in the 208th century, the Tenth Doctor and Heather wander off, unaware that Heather has accidentally left the TARDIS door open. They return to find it gone. A neighbour shouts from a window that it's been taken by Ronnu Thanjess — a dodgy bloke who sells used spaceships. She also tells him where his yard is.
They follow the directions to a yard several streets away. They find Briak Thanjess, who has been beaten up. Briak sold the Doctor's blue box, but the new owner, Ludo Farltrati, a local crook, wasn't happy that he couldn't get it to work. Ludo left, taking his brother Ronnu with him.
The Doctor and Heather arrive at Ludo's warehouse posing as mechanics. Once they are all inside, the Doctor "fixes" the TARDIS. When they emerge, they find themselves once more in the warehouse. By this time the police have arrived. The police arrest the dangerous criminal Ludo and Ronnu for theft, but Ronnu is just grateful for being alive. Going back into the TARDIS, the Doctor heads off with Heather for a trip to Hyde Park in London.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- The Tenth Doctor is featured wearing his blue suit in this strip.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 143 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! A trip to future London!
to be added