Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main character(s):||Yvonne Hartman|
|Main setting:||Cardiff, 26 March 2005|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||7 December 2015|
|Big Finish Torchwood series|
|Forgotten Lives||Uncanny Valley|
Publisher's summary Edit
Yvonne Hartman is visiting the city to retrieve an invaluable alien device. She's in charge of Torchwood One, she's saving the British Empire and she doesn't care about local politics. But she is going to find herself caught up in that fight. There's a bloodthirsty alien stalking the streets and there's a special offer on at the all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Barry Jackson - Gareth Armstrong
- Helen Evans - Rebecca Lacey
- Ross Bevan - Dan Starkey
- Meredith Bevan - Catrin Stewart
- Yvonne has tea with the Queen twice a week.
- According to Yvonne, Jack Harkness does not have the interest of Torchwood at heart. Because of this, she requires Barry Jackson to keep an eye out for the return of a particular alien, as she knows Harkness will fail to notify her.
- Ianto Jones and Raj Singh work as her assistants at Torchwood One.
- Yvonne observes Jack along with Suzie Costello and Toshiko Sato in the frozen Hub. At this point, the three of them are the only members of the Torchwood Three team.
- The Auton invasion, brought forth by the Nestene Consciousness transmitting a signal to animate all plastic on Earth via the London Eye before it was defeated by the Ninth Doctor, occurred three weeks ago and had spread beyond London to at least Cardiff before it was stopped, where Barry used it as a cover for his murder of former Lord Mayor of Cardiff Roy Llewellyn.
- Noting Torchwood's absence in the Auton invasion to Yvonne, Barry notes that Torchwood has been there for the previous invasions along with UNIT and "the others".
- Strictly Come Dancing is mentioned by one of the people in the restaurant. Yvonne calls it a fad, just as Charles and Camilla will be within a couple of weeks. In reality, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles married two weeks after the date this story is set.
- Cardiff is undergoing regeneration projects.
- Barry described chicken satay.
- Berta is a masseuse.
- Barry mentions prawn crackers.
- Raheem is a Taxi driver.
- Skip is a bartender.
- This story was recorded on 11 September 2015 at The Soundhouse Studios.
- Gwen Cooper and Andy Davidson have one line cameos in this story, set before Gwen joined Torchwood Three in 2007.
- This story takes place on 26 March 2005, the same day that Series 1 of the revived series of Doctor Who premiered on BBC One.
- The Mayor of Cardiff was killed by the Auton invasion which reached Cardiff on 5 March 2005. (TV: Rose) He would eventually be succeeded by Blon Fel-Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen, posing as Margaret Blaine. (TV: Boom Town)
- A cover story was concocted to explain away the invasion on 5 March as a 'terrorist attack'. Such measures were previously taken for the first Auton invasion in the 1970s. (PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy, TV: Spearhead from Space)
- Gwen Cooper and Andy Davidson are members of the Cardiff police force. (TV: Everything Changes)
- Helen Evans was born and raised in Splott. (TV: Ghost Machine, Random Shoes et al)
- Both Helen Evans and Barry Jackson, who are running in the mayoral race, moan about London's lack of interest in their city. This is reminiscent of when Blon went "native" during her time as Lord Mayor. (TV: Boom Town)
- Yvonne explains to Helen and Barry that Torchwood's presence in Cardiff is down to the space-time rift running through the city. (TV: The Unquiet Dead, Everything Changes) Yvonne states that alien objects and species come through the rift and that Torchwood seizes them and uses them to defend Britain. (TV: Army of Ghosts)
- Whilst talking to Ianto on the phone, Yvonne tells him to ask Lisa Hallett out. (TV: Cyberwoman)
- Ianto manages to hack into a London Credit Bank ATM. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- Torchwood One are attempting to ascertain the nature and purpose of the Void Ship. (TV: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday)
- Torchwood Three possesses a Drahvin scanner, which is procured by Yvonne. (TV: Galaxy 4)
- Yvonne speaks of the incident on New Year's Eve 1999 involving the murder of the Torchwood Three team by Alex Hopkins, who went mad after seeing the coming "change" in the 21st century before committing suicide. (TV: Fragments)
- Yvonne says that she is doing it "for Queen and Country" before downing a glass of white wine. She would maintain that she did her duty for Queen and Country immediately before her forced cyber-conversion. (TV: Doomsday)
- Barry Jackson is an enabler of the Committee. (AUDIO: The Conspiracy)