|Main enemy:||Sazou and The White Emperor|
|Main setting:||Imperial Heaven above Draconia, 2090|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||September 2009|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Patient Zero||Blue Forgotten Planet|
Paper Cuts was the one hundred and twenty-fifth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in September 2009, it features the return of the Draconians, who had already appeared in four audio dramas in the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. This story saw the Doctor unknowingly travel with Mila, an enemy from the previous story who'd taken on Charley's form and masqueraded as her.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Empire is lost. The Deathless Emperors are dead. The future may never happen.
Who will be next Emperor? The highest Prince? The lowest peasant? The soldier with no name? Or the Doctor himself — his life at their command? Who controls the army of deadly origami warriors? And is the truth about Charley painted on paper walls in the Emperor's tomb?
History is taking revenge on the Doctor.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard / Mila - India Fisher
- Prince and The Red Emperor in His Youth - Anthony Glennon
- Tombkeeper and Queen Mother - Sara Crowe
- Gomori and Steward - Paul Thornley
- Soldier - John Banks
- Prefect and The Deathless Red Emperor - Nicholas Briggs
- Sazou and Deathless Emperors
- When the Doctor's timeline is fragmented at the start of the story, Mila sees various previous incarnations behind the Doctor: frock coats, checked trousers, velvet jackets, long scarf and cricket gear.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Draconians in a Doctor Who audio story. However, they previously appeared in the Bernice Summerfield audio dramas The Draconian Rage, Summer of Love, The Judas Gift and Freedom of Information.
- There are a number of references to the Doctor's prior visit to Draconia and the galactic plague that he helped end whilst there. However, there is no description of what he looked like then beyond not being the Sixth Doctor. The Target book, Doctor Who and the Space War established it as his second incarnation, while the booklet shows a drawing of the First Doctor playing chess against a Draconian and in the audio drama the Doctor remarks off-handedly on how old he once looked.
- This audio release also included the sixth episode of The Three Companions "The Coffin Loaders".
- This audio drama was recorded on 23 and 25 March 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- Official Paper Cuts page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Paper Cuts at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide