|Main enemy:||The Squall|
|Main setting:||London, 1910|
|Release date:||23 June 2011|
|Format:||Hardcover, 238 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|Touched by an Angel||Borrowed Time|
Paradox Lost was the eleventh Eleventh Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
"The Squall feed on psychic energy. They spread like a plague and if they are not stopped they will strip the Earth clean..."
London 1910: an unsuspecting thief finds himself confronted by grey-skinned creatures that are waiting to devour his mind. London 2789: the remains of an ancient android are dredged from the Thames. When reactivated it has a warning that can only be delivered to a man named 'the Doctor'.
The Doctor and his friends must solve a mystery that has spanned over a thousand years. If they fail, the deadly alien Squall will devour the world.
- While fleeing the Squall in a car, the Doctor says that he "hasn't had this much fun since Bessie."
- Amy brings up the idea of experiments involving drills, but soon states that she "could do without the earth suddenly opening beneath [her] feet again". (TV: The Hungry Earth)
- Professor Angelchrist reads records of previous incarnations of the Doctor, describing a "tall, thin man with long hair and a frock coat" (the Eighth Doctor), a man with "teeth and curls" and "a long woollen scarf" (the Fourth Doctor), a man who wore a "leather jacket" and "spoke with a Northern accent" (the Ninth Doctor), and a man clad in a "pantomime coat of many colours" (the Sixth Doctor).
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor says "top hats are cool", a variation of his catchphrase "bow ties are cool". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, et al) It is also an indication to the Eleventh Doctor's fondness for hats. (TV: The Big Bang, The Impossible Astronaut)
- The Doctor shouts "Geronimo!", another of his catchphrases. (TV: The End of Time, et al)
- Rory recalls aliens made of wool (PROSE: The Glamour Chase), vampire creatures (TV: The Vampires of Venice) and nuclear bombs (PROSE: Nuclear Time).
- The Doctor tells Professor Angelchrist "I'm the one the monsters are scared of." He made similar declarations in The Girl in the Fireplace and The Hungry Earth.
- 28th century London has an oxygen factory in its center, similar to the one on the Byzantium. (TV: Flesh and Stone) This factory, however, has live animals within it.
- Rory mentions that both he and Amy have experience with "waiting". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, The Big Bang)
- The Doctor mentions that the rift caused by the Squall is large enough to drive a double decker bus through, then mentions that he has done something similar. (TV: Planet of the Dead)
- The Doctor brings up the TARDIS exploding. (TV: The Big Bang)
- Amy wears her red hooded top from The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone but the right arm becomes torn and she has to leave it behind in 1910.
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook download read by Nicholas Briggs, and was available from the AudioGo website before the company went into administration.