Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||The Squall|
|Main setting:||London, 1910 and 2789|
|Read by:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Release date:||23 June 2011|
|Format:||Hardcover, 238 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|Touched by an Angel||Borrowed Time|
Paradox Lost was the eleventh Eleventh Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
"The Squall feed on psychic energy. They spread like a plague and if they are not stopped they will strip the Earth clean..."
London 1910: an unsuspecting thief finds himself confronted by grey-skinned creatures that are waiting to devour his mind. London 2789: the remains of an ancient android are dredged from the Thames. When reactivated it has a warning that can only be delivered to a man named "the Doctor".
The Doctor and his friends must solve a mystery that has spanned over a thousand years. If they fail, the deadly alien Squall will devour the world.
to be added
- While fleeing the Squall in a car, the Doctor says that he "hasn't had this much fun since Bessie."
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- Professor Angelchrist reads records of previous incarnations of the Doctor, describing a "tall, thin man with long hair and a frock coat" (Eighth Doctor), a man with "teeth and curls" and "a long woollen scarf" (Fourth Doctor), a man who wore a "leather jacket" and "spoke with a Northern accent" (Ninth Doctor), and a man clad in a "pantomime coat of many colours" (Sixth Doctor).
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook download read by Nicholas Briggs, and was available from the AudioGo website before the company went into administration.
- The Doctor says "top hats are cool", a variation of his catchphrase "bow ties are cool". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, et al)
- The Doctor shouts "Geronimo!", another of his catchphrases. (TV: The End of Time, et al)
- Rory recalls aliens made of wool (PROSE: The Glamour Chase), vampire creatures (TV: The Vampires of Venice) and nuclear bombs. (PROSE: Nuclear Time)
- The Doctor tells Professor Angelchrist "I'm the one the monsters are scared of." He made similar declarations in TV: The Girl in the Fireplace and The Hungry Earth.
- 28th century London has an oxygen factory in its center, similar to the one on the Byzantium. (TV: Flesh and Stone) This factory, however, has live animals within it.
- Rory mentions that both he and Amy have experience with "waiting". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, The Big Bang)
- The Doctor mentions that the rift caused by the Squall is large enough to drive a double decker bus through, then mentions that he has done something similar. (TV: Planet of the Dead)
- The Doctor brings up the TARDIS exploding. (TV: The Big Bang)