|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Compassion|
|Main enemy:||Parallel 59|
|Writer:||Natalie Dallaire & Stephen Cole|
|Release date:||4 January 2000|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 49 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Frontier Worlds||The Shadows of Avalon|
- You might be looking for the titular paramilitary.
Parallel 59 was the thirtieth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures published by BBC Books. Written by Stephen Cole and Natalie Dallaire, it featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Compassion.
Publisher's summary Edit
Fleeing a doomed space station in tiny life capsules, the Doctor and Compassion find themselves prisoners of Parallel 59, a militaristic power on the planet Skale. Meanwhile Fitz finds himself apparently safe in Mechta, a colony for convalescents.
A space race is in full swing on Skale, with each of the planet's many blocs desperate to be first to reach the stars. If the Doctor's knowledge helps Parallel 59 to succeed, the consequences for the rest of the world could be devastating.
But Fitz knows nothing of his friends' predicament. Enjoying his new life, he's not even sure he wants to be rescued — which is a good thing.
Because the Doctor has no intention of going to Mechta. He's decreed that Fitz's new-found utopia must be totally destroyed.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Fillipa Cian
- Low Rez
- Jessen Kal
- Karl Dam
to be added
- Fitz recalls Chairman Mao (PROSE: Revolution Man) and the Remote. (PROSE: Interference - Book One)
- Compassion is becoming more TARDIS-like, foreshadowing her transformation in The Shadows of Avalon.
- Fitz still has a tan from being on Drebnar and recalls Alura. (PROSE: Frontier Worlds)
- The Doctor states that the last time his hearts stopped was in San Francisco. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Sam once told Fitz that the Doctor went halfway across the universe looking for her. (PROSE: Longest Day, Seeing I)
- Fitz briefly thinks of his Mum. (PROSE: The Taint)
- There's a reference to the Butterfly Room, which first appeared on PROSE: Vampire Science. It's suggested[by whom?] that the Zero Room (TV: Castrovalva) and the Butterfly Room are the same.
- Parallel 59 at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Parallel 59 at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Parallel 59