Patient Zero was the one hundred and twenty-fourth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
This story also concluded the story arc regarding the viruses from the Amethyst Viral Containment Station, which began with AUDIO: Urgent Calls. However, the consequences of this story carry into AUDIO: To the Death.
Publisher's summary Edit
To discover the answers, the Doctor must travel back in time, beyond all known civilisations to the vast, mysterious Amethyst Viral Containment Station. But answers lie within the TARDIS too. Someone who has been there a long, long time...
Meanwhile, the Daleks have travelled back in time on their own mission, to bring them the ultimate victory they crave. But it is a mission so complex and delicate that even they know they must beware the web of time...
Who is Patient Zero? What has happened to Charley? And why have the legendary Viyrans been summoned?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Fratalin - Michael Maloney
- Mila - Jess Robinson
- Etheron/The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Dalek Time Controller is a Dalek that directs Dalek strategies involving time travel, while preventing its destabilisation.
- Mila is the first person that the Daleks infected with their Virus 7001.
- The Viyrans are tasked with a mission of peace: the destruction of biological weapons.
- The cliffhanger at the conclusion of part four goes straight into AUDIO: Paper Cuts.
- This audio release also included the fifth episode of The Three Companions "The Brigadier's Story".
- This story had the working title of Victory of the Daleks but had to be changed because of the television story of the same name.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 18 March 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- The Doctor places Charley in the Zero Room to stabilise her condition. (TV: Castrovalva et al.)
- Mila has been in the TARDIS since the Daleks were chasing the Doctor through time. (TV: The Chase)
- Mila refers to previous Dalek stories TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth, The Chase, The Daleks' Master Plan, The Power of the Daleks and The Evil of the Daleks.
- One of the viruses would make it to Earth. (AUDIO: Blue Forgotten Planet)
- The method used here to stop the Daleks from dematerialising Amethyst was similarly used to prevent the Captain from materialising Zanak around Earth at the end of the story. At the start the reverse happened as the Captain stopped the TARDIS from materialising on Calufrax. (TV: The Pirate Planet)
- The Dalek Time Controller survived and travelled back through the Time Vortex to the 22nd century where it was discovered by the Daleks of that era. The Doctor would later encounter it planning to use the Amethyst viruses on Earth, (AUDIO: To the Death) and would later also encounter it on Srangor, (AUDIO: X and the Daleks) in Montmartre, (AUDIO: The Monster of Montmartre) and on the Eye of Orion. (AUDIO: Eye of Darkness)
- The viruses released from the Amethyst Viral Containment Station include a bio-engineered telephone virus (AUDIO: Urgent Calls), a mutagenic virus (AUDIO: Mission of the Viyrans) and Virus 7001B which was sent back in time to the beginning of the universe and resulted in the creation of life itself (AUDIO: The Viyran Solution).
- Official Patient Zero page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Patient Zero at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide