|Pawns of the Zenith|
|Main setting:||London, 22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 49|
|Release date:||23 July 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 1 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|The Zantraan Invasion||Swarm of the Zenith|
Opening narration box Edit
There's trouble ahead for the Doctor and Donna in 22nd-century London...
At the New New Scotland Yard, police are dealing with fanatics firing their way out of the HQ. One of the group, a female, is knocked out by the arrival of the TARDIS. The Doctor uses his psychic paper to identify himself to the police as Detective Inspector John Smith with Sergeant Donna Noble from Moon Division.
The gang flee in a waiting car that explodes on lift-off. The Doctor is convinced their death was no accident. Inside New New Scotland Yard, the captured escapee, Laura Efston, is unaware of her recent actions. One minute she was working in personnel, the next waking up upside.
When the Doctor attempts to investigate using his sonic screwdriver on the discs on the back of everyone's hand — the Doctor describes them as 22nd century mobile phones — all of the officers' eyes spark and they turn on the Doctor and Donna. Together they all chant, "The Zenith will not be denied!"
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular, four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 1/4 DWBIT 49 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...!
- No reprints to date.
to be added