a real world point of view
|Release date:||26 December 2007|
|Format:||Hardcover, 239 pages
Paperback, 239 pages
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|The Pirate Loop||Martha in the Mirror|
- You may be looking for the titular gun.
Peacemaker was the fifteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
The peace and quiet of a remote homestead in the 1880's american west is shattered by the arrival of two shadowy outriders searching for 'the healer'. When the farmer refuses to help them, they raze the house to the ground using guns that shoot bolts instead of bullets... In the town of Redwater, the Doctor and Martha learn of a snake-oil salesman whose patent medicines actually cure his patients. But when the Doctor and Martha investigate they discover the truth is stranger, and far more dangerous. Caught between the law of the gun and the deadly plans of intergalatic mercenaries, the Doctor and Martha are about to discover just how wild the west can become...
- The Doctor refers to the starship Brilliant.
- The Doctor took some Nanogenes from New New York Hospital which help save a woman's life.
- The Movellans and the Racnoss are mentioned.
- The Doctor mentions defeating the Geomatide Macros.
- The Shadow Proclamation is again invoked.
- Martha Jones says she bought her jacket at Henrik's.
- The Doctor says that Martha doesn't leave kilts lying around the TARDIS unlike some people, probably a reference to former companion Jamie McCrimmon.
- The Doctor describes the Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as an "alien fender-bender." It was later revealed in TV: Dreamland that Seruba Velak and her husband Rivesh Mantilax's damaged vessel crash-landed near Roswell after being pursued by the Viperox.
- Martha finds Rose's jacket in the TARDIS (TV: The Runaway Bride). The Doctor reacts badly to seeing it. (TV: Doomsday etc.)
- The Doctor refers to the events of TV: The Awakening by saying mind control could be caused by "a big alien thingy buried under a church "
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor previously visited the Wild West in TV: The Gunfighters and AUDIO: A Town Called Fortune.
- The starship Brilliant last appeared in PROSE: The Pirate Loop.
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Will Thorp.
- The audiobook is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.