|Main setting:||Colorado, 1880s|
|Release date:||26 December 2007|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback, 239 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|The Pirate Loop||Martha in the Mirror|
- You may be looking for the titular gun.
Peacemaker was the fifteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
The peace and quiet of a remote homestead in the 1880's american west is shattered by the arrival of two shadowy outriders searching for 'the healer'. When the farmer refuses to help them, they raze the house to the ground using guns that shoot bolts instead of bullets... In the town of Redwater, the Doctor and Martha learn of a snake-oil salesman whose patent medicines actually cure his patients. But when the Doctor and Martha investigate they discover the truth is stranger, and far more dangerous. Caught between the law of the gun and the deadly plans of intergalatic mercenaries, the Doctor and Martha are about to discover just how wild the west can become...
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Alvin Godlove
- Hank Kutter
- Matthew Belfield
- Celeste Belfield
- Mrs Weems
- Walking Crow
- Mr Vogel
- Loomis Teague
- Nathan Blaine
- Mrs Toomey
- Zachariah Hawkes
- Joseph Pitt
- Rose Tyler
- Mickey Smith
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Jack Harkness
- The Doctor refers to the starship Brilliant.
- The Doctor took some Nanogenes from New New York Hospital which help save a woman's life.
- The Movellans and the Racnoss are mentioned.
- The Doctor mentions defeating the Geomatide Macros.
- The Shadow Proclamation is again invoked.
- Martha Jones says she bought her jacket at Henrik's.
- The Doctor says that Martha doesn't leave kilts lying around the TARDIS unlike some people, probably a reference to former companion Jamie McCrimmon.
- The Doctor describes the Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as an "alien fender-bender." It was later revealed in TV: Dreamland that Seruba Velak and her husband Rivesh Mantilax's damaged vessel crash-landed near Roswell after being pursued by the Viperox.
- Martha finds Rose's jacket in the TARDIS (TV: The Runaway Bride). The Doctor reacts badly to seeing it. (TV: Doomsday etc.)
- The Doctor refers to the events of TV: The Awakening by saying mind control could be caused by "a big alien thingy buried under a church "
- The Doctor says that Jules Verne took a lot of convincing to cut out the stuff about the Silurians.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor previously visited the Wild West in TV: The Gunfighters and AUDIO: A Town Called Fortune.
- The starship Brilliant last appeared in PROSE: The Pirate Loop.
- Martha recalls wearing a long, broad black dress a while ago and that wasn't her style. (TV: Human Nature)
- The Doctor sings the Venusian lullaby. (TV: The Curse of Peladon)
- Bad Wolf is mentioned.
- The Doctor and Martha share another kiss, this particular incident being the first time Martha kisses the Doctor. Like their kiss in TV: Smith and Jones, it was not fully intended to be romantic, but it was indeed necessary in order to save everybody's lives.
- The Doctor is forced to envision false images of Sarah Jane Smith, K-9, Rose Tyler, Mickey Smith, and Jack Harkness along with many other companions dying over and over again throughout his timeline in an attempt to break him and control his mind.
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Will Thorp.