|Companion(s):||Stacy Townsend, Ssard|
|Printed in:||Radio Times|
|Release date:||4 January - 8 March 1997|
|Format:||Comic - 10 parts|
|Radio Times comic stories|
The Doctor and his friends, Ssard and Stacy Townsend, arrive in Victorian London, where they discover a spaceship which is invisible to the people of the time. They meet the ship's occupant, P'fer'd, an Equinoid. He resembles a gaudily-coloured horse. P'fer'd tells the Doctor his wife M'rek'd is missing. Stacy and some street urchins rescue M'rek'd from a freak show. However the owner of the freak show is not himself human, but a shape-shifting alien; Stacy and the urchins are attacked. P'fer'd is re-united with M'rek'd and the Doctor and Ssard with Stacy... apparently.
- The Doctor mentions the body bepple fad of the late 29th century.
- P'fer'd disguises his ship and himself with a Mark III Image Inducer.
- The Doctor says without the arrogance of the British Empire, humanity would have never progressed and ventured out into the stars.
- P'fer'd and M'rek'd are Equinoids. They resemble purple horses with yellow spots.
- The Doctor calls P'fer'd's tactic of employing street urchins "very Holmesian.”
- Stacy says the urchins look like they've walked straight out of Oliver Twist.
to be added
- The Equinoids match the description that the Doctor gave in TV: Frontier in Space of a race attending the third intergalactic peace conference.