Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Place of origin:||Earth|
|Spouses:||Mary Shelley, Percy Shelley's wife|
|Child:||Percy Shelley's child|
|Main actor:||Anthony Glennon|
- You may wish to consult
Shelleyfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Fifth Doctor once expressed a desire to meet him. (AUDIO: Castle of Fear) In his eighth incarnation, he later encountered both Shelley and his wife in the Villa Diodati near Lake Geneva in Switzerland in June 1816. (AUDIO: Mary's Story) Mary regarded her husband as being her soulmate. (AUDIO: Army of Death)
In June 1816, Percy was spending time with Mary, his future wife, when they encountered the Eighth Doctor, who introduced himself as Dr Frankenstein. When the Doctor appeared to have died, Percy suggested to make an experiment with lightning on the Doctor's body, modelled after the experiments of signor Galvani on frogs. During the experiment, Percy calls himself "the modern Prometheus". This experience, as well as Mary's travels with the Doctor, whose companion she later became, must have influenced her science based horror story Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus, for which she is best known. (AUDIO: Mary's Story)
Although in June 1816 Percy and Mary Shelley, as well as their friends, often called each other husband and wife, Mary admitted that they were not yet officially married. At the same time, Percy had an affair with Claire Clairmont, Mary's half-sister. Percy and Claire found Mary knowing about their affair amusing. (AUDIO: Mary's Story)
- "Rise, like lions after slumber
- In unvanquishable number!
- Shake your chains to earth like dew
- Which in sleep had fallen on you:
- Ye are many — they are few!" (AUDIO: The Peterloo Massacre)
Other information Edit
- A Reprise of Shelley lived in Europa. (PROSE: Managra)
- Charley once compared the Eighth Doctor to Shelley. (AUDIO: Letting Go)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Percy and Mary Shelley were married on 30 December 1816.
- Percy Shelley wrote a poem about the Peterloo Massacre in real life. It was called The Masque of Anarchy, although this was never stated in The Peterloo Massacre. The Doctor quoted its final stanza.
- He was played by Lee Cornes in an episode of Blackadder the Third.