Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||The Shepherd and Shepherdess|
The Khlecht Entity
|Main setting:||London, 27 September 1990|
Dusseldorf and Minos, May 1945
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||10 July 2013|
|Format:||4 episodes, 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Prisoners of Fate||Starlight Robbery|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Umbrella Man is back. But when the Doctor recruits UNIT's Scientific Adviser Elizabeth Klein for an off-the-books mission to the apocalyptic final days of Hitler's Germany, he isn't expecting Klein's hapless young assistant, Will Arrowsmith, to be joining them too.
The Doctor isn't the only alien creature seeking to loot a very particular secret from a Nazi base in Dusseldorf, however. Strange and sinister beings are converging on the same time/space location in search of the scientist Schalk, whose experiments are the key to a devastating power...
The power of Persuasion.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Dr Elizabeth Klein - Tracey Childs
- Will Arrowsmith - Christian Edwards
- Kurt Schalk - David Sibley
- Lukas Hinterberger - Jonathan Forbes
- The Shepherd/Bondsman Tango-Veldt - Paul Chahidi
- The Shepherdess/Acquisitor Prime - Miranda Raison
- Casta/Sylph/The Khlecht - Gemma Whelan
- The TARDIS has recently undergone an overhaul and contains within it a star chamber holding an entire galaxy that the Doctor materialised around to save from a deadly ravenous virus.
- Will notes the Victorian look of the TARDIS console room.
- According to UNIT files, the Doctor's seventh incarnation is the most dangerous.
- The Shepherd and Shepherdess move from universe to universe, reshaping them and then escaping immediately before their collapse. They have done this a billion times.
- The Time Lords built a paradise prison planet near Kasterborous which lets the Doctor through its shield because it knows him.
- The persuasion machine would enable anyone to control others' ideologies, enabling the universe to share a single belief.
- Twenty-three species come to Earth in 1945 to find Schalk, including the Khlecht entity and Sontarans.
- The Doctor is nearing the end of his current life and is trying to eradicate evil because he feels his next incarnation may not be strong enough for the task.
- This story was recorded on 21 and 22 January 2013.
- This story leads directly into Starlight Robbery.
- Klein asks the Doctor where Raine is, and hopes that he hasn't brought any extradimensional beings with him. (AUDIO: UNIT: Dominion)
- The whole universe is aware of the Persuasion machine. This kind of universal knowledge will happen again with the Last Great Time War, the Pandorica, (TV: The Pandorica Opens) the Doctor's death in an alternate timeline, (TV: The Wedding of River Song) and the Question on Trenzalore. (TV: The Time of the Doctor)
- The Shepard and Shepherdess as universal entities, albeit in their weakened states, are reminiscent of Gabriel and Tanith. (PROSE: Falls the Shadow)
- Official Persuasion page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Persuasion at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide