Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS lands on Phobos, moon of Mars — where extreme sports nuts of the future indulge their passion for gravity-boarding and wormhole-jumping. But there's something lurking in the shadows, something infinitely old and infinitely dangerous. It's not for nothing that "Phobos" is the ancient word for "fear"...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Headhunter / Amy - Katarina Olsson
- Kai Tobias - Timothy West
- Eris - Nerys Hughes
- Drew - Ben Silverstone
- Hayd - John Schwab
- Farl - Tim Sutton
- Githians are huge, furry humanoids that humans dislike due to their muscular bodies.
- The TARDIS lands halfway up a mountain. It previously did that in the previous story (AUDIO: Immortal Beloved) and on Peladon. (TV: The Curse of Peladon)
- The idea of a god-like entity pushing its way through from another universe, feeding on emotions, was explored in greater detail in PROSE: Where Angels Fear and PROSE: Twilight of the Gods.
- AUDIO: The Fearmonger also features an entity which fed off of fear.
- AUDIO: Deimos, like Phobos, is named after the Martian moon on which it takes place. It also features space tourists encountering an ancient threat. Both stories note the meaning of their name in Greek, "dread" and "fear", respectively.
- Lunar Park was already operational by the 23rd century. Gregson Grenville, a security guard on the Deimos moonbase, described it as a "hippie holiday camp." (AUDIO: Deimos)
- Official Phobos page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Phobos at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide