Picture Imperfect was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2012.
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams visit an art gallery of the future. The famous artist Zigma is displaying his latest masterpiece. The Doctor is unimpressed by Zigma's work, this time displaying a red-eyed, white creature in a woods. When he scans the picture with his sonic screwdriver, the creature emerges from the painting!
The two-dimensional being runs amok in the gallery, attacking with its sharp edges before making itself almost invisible with a side view. Getting the visitors safely out of the gallery, Zigma recounts how he narrowly escaped the figure once before by trapping it in a wall of spilled paint which, when dry, trapped it.
Armed with aerosols of paint, the Doctor, Amy and Rory trap the creature in an empty gallery, forcing it back up against the wall. It stays there until the Doctor contacts some "friends" of his who will work out a way of returning it to its own dimension. In the meantime, the creature draws attention as a unique new attraction — perhaps the Doctor's finest work yet!
- The Doctor appears to be a long standing fierce critic of the artist Zigma's work.
- Although the Doctor intends to contact some friends of his in this time period so the two-dimensional creature may be returned, there is no date given in the story other than "in the future".
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 252 DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME! (4 pages)
- No reprints to date.
- The Eleventh Doctor had previously taken Amy Pond to an art gallery to visit the works of Vincent Van Gogh. (TV: Vincent and the Doctor)