Pinnacle Books is an imprint of American book publishing company Kensington Books. From April 1979 to June 1980 they published Americanised editions of ten Target Books novelisations. Reprints continued to April 1989.
- New front-cover illustrations by David Mann were used, and new back-cover blurbs were written.
- The UK English text was Americanised to incorporate US spellings (e.g. "colour" became "color") and terms (e.g. car bonnets and boots became "hoods" and "trunks" respectively). Also, references to certain UK-specific items unfamiliar to American readers of the time were changed (e.g. the Doctor's jelly babies became "jelly beans").
- The books were prefaced by brief bios of the story's Doctor and companions, and an introduction by noted science fiction author Harlan Ellison. In his introduction, Ellison proclaimed his own fandom of Doctor Who and explained some of the concepts behind the series.
The logo was used in various colours on each novelisation. Some of Pinnacle's novelisations are known to have been reprinted with the same cover image, but the colour of the logo changed.
Books released Edit
- Doctor Who and the Day of the Daleks
- Doctor Who and the Doomsday Weapon
- Doctor Who and the Dinosaur Invasion
- Doctor Who and the Genesis of the Daleks
- Doctor Who and the Revenge of the Cybermen
- Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster
- Doctor Who and the Talons of Weng-Chiang
- Doctor Who and the Masque of Mandragora
- Doctor Who and the Android Invasion
- Doctor Who and the Seeds of Doom