|Pirates of the Seven Seeds|
|Main enemy:||Purzithroan Vagabonds|
|Main setting:||Earth post solar flares|
|Printed in:||DWA 195|
|Release date:||2 December 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Seeing Things||Rough Waters|
At the market planet of Feltzmodo 12, where every kind of fruit and vegetable is for sale, the Doctor is surprised to find a banana. The banana is a fruit that should not be growing anywhere in the Universe at this time. He takes Amy to the Earth of the future; it has been ravaged by solar storms that have lasted hundreds of years. Norway has become a desert after the solar flares atomised the oceans and boiled the glaciers to steam within minutes.
Protected from the heat, half buried, is the Terran Seed Vault a store for the seed bank of the plant world of Earth. When the Doctor and Army, dressed in heat resistant space suits, arrive, they discover that the vault is being raided by Purzithroan Vagabonds, pirates from the Ambiant Expanse, who are selling the seeds to the highest bidder.
Finding their way undetected to the climate control centre, the Doctor and Amy create holographic projections that with the use of cameras and mic, frighten the Purzithroan Vagabonds and warn them away, back to their ships.
- The Purzithroan Vagabonds are warned by "the Ghosts of Earth" that they have transgressed upon the sacred temple of the Cult of Celery.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 195 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy end up in rough waters!
- No reprints to date.
to be added