|Plague of the Daleks|
|Main setting:||Stockbridge, 45th century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||December 2009|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Eternal Summer||A Thousand Tiny Wings|
Plague of the Daleks was the one hundred and twenty-ninth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the final story in the trilogy centred around the fictional town of Stockbridge. It was also the third audio story to feature the Fifth Doctor and Nyssa facing the Daleks.
Publisher's summary Edit
Stockbridge used to be such a lovely place. The loveliest village in all England, according to the guide books. But hardly anyone visits Stockbridge now: a few tourists, a couple of Trust guides, the odd beady-eyed raven.
But something is coming to Stockbridge. Something which turns village cricketers into ravening zombies — a plague such as the Earth has never seen, falling through history from a time when humanity's greatest enemy was a race known as the Daleks.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Isaac Barclay - Keith Barron
- Lysette Barclay - Liza Tarbuck
- Alexis Linfoot - Richenda Carey
- Vincent Linfoot - Barry McCarthy
- Professor Rinxo Jabbery - Richard Cordery
- Mrs Withers/Mrs Sowerby/Computer Voice - Susan Brown
- Cricketer/Dobson/The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor offers Nyssa a macaroon.
- Alexis says her back feels like it went through a fusion grinder.
- The Daleks use artificial crows to observe the Doctor and Nyssa.
- The Daleks have been in cryogenic suspension for 17 centuries.
- The working title for this story was Village of the Damned.
- This audio drama was recorded on 1 and 2 July 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- This audio release also included the tenth episode of The Three Companions, "Brewster's Story".
- Nyssa previously encountered the Daleks in two alternative timelines (AUDIO: The Mutant Phase, AUDIO: Renaissance of the Daleks) and would later do so again on Florana (AUDIO: The Elite).
- Several references are made to the Dalek invasion of the Milky Way Galaxy in the 42nd century. (AUDIO: Invasion of the Daleks)
- Official Plague of the Daleks page page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Plague of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide