Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor is enjoying the sun on a holiday island – but things are soon hotter than he bargained for.
The young American Perpugilliam Brown brings to the TARDIS a mysterious object that her archaeologist step-father has found in a sunken wreck. Kamelion, the Doctor's robot friend of a thousand disguises, reacts to the object totally unexpectedly, with bewildering consequences for the TARDIS crew.
For Kamelion sends the Doctor and his friends to Sarn, a terrifyingly beautiful planet of fire. This strange world provides the key to Turlough's secret past – and once again the Doctor is pitted against the wily Master.
Chapter titles Edit
- Message Received
- Destination Unknown
- Crisis on Sarn
- A Very Uncivil Servant
- The Misos Triangle
- An Enemy in Disguise
- In the Heart of the Volcano
- The Blow Flame
- The Time of Fire
Deviations from televised story Edit
- In the televised version, the Doctor and Peri leave Sarn in the TARDIS and the ship takes off violently, with the Doctor welcoming Peri aboard. In the novel, the story simply ends with Turlough taking one last look, before boarding the Transporter.
- Turlough wants to leave the Sarns to die.
- Turlough finds the graves of his parents.
- Timanov survives the story thinking Logar has returned.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This novelisation restructured the televised version.
- Although number #93 in the Doctor Who library, the book was actually the 92nd to be released; it was swapped in the publication order with the novelisation of The Caves of Androzani late in the day without the numbers being reassigned.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK