|Planet of Giants|
|Based on:||Planet of Giants|
|Companion(s):||Susan, Barbara, Ian|
|Main setting:||England, 1963|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Release date:||18 January 1990|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 14 Chapters, 112 Pages|
|The Reign of Terror||Doctor Who and the Dalek Invasion of Earth|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor is feeling confident: this time the TARDIS has landed on Earth; in England; in 1963. But when he and his companions venture outside, they are soon lost in a maze of ravines and menaced by gigantic insects. And the insects are dying-every living thing is dying...
Meanwhile, in a cottage garden on a perfect summer's day, the man from the Ministry arrives to put a stop to the production of DN6, a pesticide with the power to destroy all life-forms. But the men who invented DN6 will stop at nothing-not even murder-in their desire to see DN6 succeed.
Can the one-inch-tall Doctor foil their plans?
Chapter Titles Edit
- Dangerous Landfall
- The Unknown
- The Terrible Truth
- The Destroyer
- Death in a Country Garden
- Getting Away with Murder
- Dangerous Rescue
- The Doctor's Plan
- Barbara's Peril
- Plan of Action
- A Question of Size
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The novelisation reinstates numerous scenes from the television script excised from the broadcast version.
- Forester's first name is Mark.
Story notes Edit
- The cover and information on the right are for the only Target edition. It featured the artwork of Alister Pearson.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the last story of the First Doctor's era to be novelised.
British publication history Edit
One single paperback edition, priced £1.99 (UK), estimated print run: 22,000 copies.