Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main setting:||England, 31 December 1999|
|Printed in:||DWMS Winter 1994|
|Format:||B&W 1 parts / 8 pages|
|DWMS comic stories|
|Younger and Wiser||The Seventh Segment|
The Doctor and Mel join Alisha Hammerson, the Auton head of Hammerson Plastic PLC, at her Millennium Party. Their arrival is not unexpected and the Doctor is not surprised. He has been waiting to discover Alisha's plans. Alisha, having begun to replicate the businessmen in attendance at the party, reintroduces the Doctor to the Nestene Consciousness. A plastic meteor is the only weak link with the Nestene home world and even though the Doctor does not manage to destroy it with a liquid in a glass phial, Mel has a spare and uses it. The meteor is destroyed and contact with the Nestene is broken. The Autons, Alisha included, are rendered lifeless.
to be added
- The Doctor mentions the Monopolies Commission.
- The Nestene, or Nestenes, create their form on Earth out of raw plastic, using a genetic code contained in their energy unit. It's their link to the nearest Nestene world, millions of light-years away in Tau. It can withstand the gravitic pressure of a black star.
- "Millennium" is incorrectly spelt "millenium" on two occasions, including the title.
- The idea that the Nestene can be destroyed with a liquid made by the Doctor in a test tube was later used in the television story Rose.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count
- On the same night, the Sixth Doctor and a younger version of Mel saved the Earth from being taken over by Saraquazel, a being from the after-universe, and his servant Ashley Chapel. (PROSE: Millennial Rites) Concurrently in San Francisco, an older version of the Seventh Doctor regenerated into his eighth incarnation. After an initial bout of amnesia, the newly regenerated Doctor stopped the Master from stealing his body and destroying the Earth, with the help of Dr Grace Holloway. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Alisha says she can dispose of the original person once the Auton copy is made. Other duplicates required the original to remain alive. (TV: Spearhead from Space, Rose)