The poem Edit
The following poem was recited by the girl on a recording in an elevator:
- A horse and a man, above, below,
- One has a plan but both must go,
- Mile after mile, above, beneath,
- One has a smile and one has teeth,
- Though the man above might say hello,
- Expect no love from the beast below.
Amy Pond later recited a more positive revision of this poem:
- In bed above, we're deep asleep,
- While greater love lies further deep.
- This dream must end, the world must know,
- We all depend on the beast below.