|Printed in:||DWM 203|
|Release date:||5 August 1993|
|Cover date:||1 September 1993|
|Prelude Shadowmind||Prelude Iceberg|
The Doctor takes Ace to 1926 Africa. He leaves her there while he takes the TARDIS into the future to pick up his former companion, Victoria Waterfield. He takes her to 1868 London to sign papers dealing with her father's estate, and to visit her aunt Margaret. After returning Victoria to her adopted home he goes back to pick up Ace. Later in his personal timeline, he visits Margaret in 1909, shortly before her death.
to be added
- Among the animals the Doctor and Ace see in Africa are lions, gazelles, buffalo, zebra, elephants and rhinos.
to be added
- Victoria recalls the time the Doctor talked of his family. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- The Doctor has started wearing an Aztec brooch on the lapel of his jacket. (TV: The Aztecs)
- Victoria's aunt Margaret was murdered by thugs in the employ of Jared Khan in London in 1909. (PROSE: Birthright)
- After picking up Ace, the Doctor heads for Terra Alpha. (TV: The Happiness Patrol)
- The entire text of the piece at the Doctor Who Reference Guide