a real world point of view
|Prey of the Zenith|
|Main setting:||Earth, London, 22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||Issue 51|
|Release date:||20 August 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 3 of 4 (4 pages)|
|Doctor Who -|
Tenth Doctor comic stories
|Swarm of the Zenith||Lair of the Zenith|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Donna have been trapped by the Zenith!
Having had the power to their space-car cut, the Doctor and Donna try desperately to fuse the wires to help them land alive. Fortunately the emergency overide kicks in and lands the car safely, even further away from the TARDIS.
As they try to make their way back undetected, the Doctor suggests the Zenith has somehow hacked into the vast network of satellites that orbit the Earth. The Doctor and Donna are soon spotted and attacked by two Zenith-possessed people who have began to change into something more alien. The sonic screwdriver is used, but too late to stop one of the attackers attaching a patch to the back of Donna's hand.
Donna's human DNA is suddenly re-written and a giant, savage, alien Donna attacks the Doctor, forcing a patch on the back of his hand. The Doctor screams as he too is transformed ...
Original print details Edit
- 3/4 DWBIT 51 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED…!
- No reprints to date.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor’s adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with ‘props’ from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
to be added