Publisher's summary Edit
Coming up after the break, the start of a new series of programmes featuring the mysterious traveller in Time and Space known only as — the Doctor.
Detecting a mysterious sub-space signal in the Time Vortex, the Doctor and Ace land on the planet Blinni-Gaar. They soon discover that the native population are little more than zombies, addicted to the programmes of the dangerously powerful Channel 400. As the Doctor investigates, he finds that the television company has a sinister agenda that has nothing to do with entertainment.
Why is the Director-General of Channel 400 so interested in the Doctor? Who are the mysterious aliens who watch from the shadows of the Brago nebula? And why is a pack of Zzinbriizi jackals stalking the streets of Blinni-Gaar?
As the Doctor is drawn deeper and deeper into a web of intrigue and deceit he discovers that he has an unexpected ally — of the most dangerous kind.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- The Master
- Eeji Tek
- Gartrold Breame
- Gatti Rooth
- Greg Ashby
- Reg Gurney
- Rennie Trasker
- Roderik Saarl
- Vogol Lukos
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor's TARDIS has an on board gym.
Television series Edit
- This story contradicts the novel First Frontier, in which the Master gains a new body immediately after leaving the Cheetah World.
- Events of this novel lead into events in the novel Heritage.
- The Master is still infected with the cheetah virus. (TV: Survival)
- Ace refers to her recent visit to Coralee (PROSE: Storm Harvest) and her encounter with Daleks on Kar-Charrat in the 42nd century. (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine)
- Greg Ashby refers to the Doctor's involvement in the disaster on Coralee (PROSE: Storm Harvest) and events on the planets Peladon (TV: The Curse of Peladon, The Monster of Peladon, AUDIO: The Bride of Peladon, The Prisoner of Peladon, PROSE: Legacy) and Inter Minor. (TV: Carnival of Monsters)