This Prison Ship was built to hold and feed a captured Minotaur.
The interior of the prison ship modified itself to take advantage of the fear of its subjects, creating rooms holding their worst fears. The entrances would be blocked off and the interior would warp in on itself to get people lost. The ship could also transport people of great faith into itself. (TV: The God Complex)
An unknown civilisation captured a Minotaur which was masquerading as a god. They built the ship to contain it and set up the system to feed it faith. People would be shown their fears and rely on their faith to fight it. The Minotaur would replace the faith in whatever they believed with a faith in the Minotaur. The Minotaur would then feed on this faith, killing the subject.
Over time, the ship started to break down and developed a glitch. It was trapped in the shape of a 1980s Earth hotel and the rooms of the previous victims remained after their deaths. The Minotaur lost its will to live and wished to die, but the ship continued to feed it and it lacked the will to commit suicide.
One group of people was brought in and killed. Lucy Hayward was the last survivor. The next group consisted of Joe Buchanan, Howie Spragg, Rita and Gibbis. The Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams were brought to the ship two day later. The Doctor, not knowing what they were facing, told them to fight their fears, which only made them more vulnerable. Joe was the first to be targeted and killed; while trying to avoid the Minotaur and save Joe, Howie, Rita and Gibbis were all possessed. When Howie was targeted, the Doctor tried to save him and contact the Minotaur, but Gibbis let Howie go to try to save himself and Howie was killed. Amy and the Doctor were both possessed soon after. When Rita realised she was next, she separated herself from the others and gave herself to the Minotaur. When Amy was targeted, the Doctor finally figured out what the Minotaur fed on. He saved her by showing that her faith in him was misplaced, depriving the Minotaur of its food and allowing it to die. The ship shut down shortly after. (TV: The God Complex)
- Amy Pond: Afraid of abandonment by the Doctor, faith in the Doctor.
- The Doctor: Unknown fear, other than it being an event that set off the Cloister Bells and involving a familiar figure, unknown faith.
- Rory Williams: Rory was unique in that he had no overwhelming fear or fundamental faith; he was a victim of proximity to Amy and the Doctor, and as a result, the "hotel" kept showing him emergency exit doors which only he could see.
- Gibbis: Afraid of the Weeping Angels, faith in aliens invading Tivoli.
- Howie Spragg: Afraid of ridicule for his stutter, faith in conspiracies.
- Rita: Afraid of parental disappointment, faith in her religion.
- Joe Buchanan: Afraid of ventriloquist dummies, faith in luck.
- Lucy Hayward: Afraid of a gorilla she saw in a book.
- Commander Halke: Afraid of defeat.
- Paige Barnes: Afraid of other people's socks.
- Novice Prin: Afraid of sabrewolves.
- Lady Silver-Tear: Afraid of Daleks.
- Royston Luke Gold: Afraid of Plymouth.
- Tim Heath: Afraid of having his picture taken.
- Tim Nelson: Afraid of balloons.
- A Silurian
- A Judoon
- A Tritovore
- A Hoix
- An unknown individual who was afraid of their PE teacher.
- An unknown individual who was afraid of clowns.