|Main enemy:||John Finer |
|Main setting:||Southern England|
|Release date:||3 September 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 15 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Bullet Time||Dying in the Sun|
Publisher's summary Edit
It's Reading Week at the University of East Wessex, but not everything comes to a stop.
The wood is still haunted. Experiments in telepathy, remote viewing, precognition and other paranormal phenomena continue in the Parapsychology Department. The department heads still think the Kellerfield Research Fellow is out for publicity rather than psychic results. A grisly murder remains unsolved by local police. The students are still holding seances in the graveyard.
When the TARDIS arrives in Norswood, the Doctor and Leela are caught up in events that are spiralling out of control. Leela is chased by a phantom, and the Doctor takes the waters. But soon it isn't just the Parapsychology Department's funding that's in question — it's the whole of existence.
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Chloe Pennick
- Tommy Carmodie
- Meg Lansing
- Joan Cox
- Ralph Naylor
- Josh Randall
- Dr. Barry Hitchins
- Prof. John Finer
- Prof. Bill Parnaby
- DC Martin Bartok
- DS Bob Simpson
- Len Spart
- Amanda Joslin
- Bill Simpson
- Clarissa Johnson
- The Doctor tells Leela for the first time that the Tesh and the Sevateem are probably descended from the people of Earth.
- Despite the publisher's summary, the fictional University of East Wessex doesn't give Hitchins his own Department, much less full professorship. It is his Fellowship that supports him.
to be added
- Psi-ence Fiction at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Psi-ence Fiction at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Psi-ence Fiction