Opening narration box Edit
Nadia and the Doctor each use their sonic devices to hold off the android stormtroopers. The Doctor is so impressed by Nadia's device, which uses a proto-anodising quark circuit to maximise the amplication, that he pockets it.
The Doctor takes Nadia for a short trip in his TARDIS to arrive on board the Quarsian craft. Avoiding detection from the Quarsians, clumsy-looking (and moving), upright, green creatures with eyes extended on stalks, the Doctor uses one of the diamonds which is responding to a massive concentration of Zortron energy by glowing, to follow a trail to the engine room. The engine room stores a huge amount of Zortron Energy, powerful but bulky. It could be used to power an entire fleet of ships. The diamonds are needed by the Quarsians to harness this energy.
The Doctor climbs to the top of the energy store with a diamond big enough to block the energy inlet. This would create a dam and cause a feedback of energy and an overload to the system. The Doctor hurries back down the ladder. Nadia is waiting, looking to make a quick escape but they are apprehended by armed Quarsian guards who introduce the Doctor to his robot twin. The Quarsians intend to use it to infiltrate the colonists base and kill the humans.
- Nadia was lead scientist of the colonists on the planet of Sartor.
- The Quarsians are experts at android construction.
- Kamini, an army lieutenant and the sister of Nadia, was killed during the first attack by the Quarsians, then duplicated by their android technology.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine title carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 2/3 DWBIT 37 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...
- No reprints to date.
to be added