Quicksilver was the two hundred and twentieth story in Big Finish's monthly range. The story saw Flip Jackson join the Sixth Doctor and Constance Clarke in their travels after an almost three year absence from the main range.
Publisher's summary Edit
But bombed-out Vienna is not what it was before the war – with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm. It's not the time nor the place for a happy reunion. As Constance Clarke is about to discover...
And as the Doctor is about to discover, too!
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Constance Clarke - Miranda Raison
- Flip Jackson - Lisa Greenwood
- Henry Clarke - Matthew Cottle
- Kinvar/Rogers - Joel Fry
- Major Callahan/Vilal Captain/Crook - Oliver Cotton
- Ana/The Zerith - Kate Kennedy
- Boyarov/Vilal General/ARP Warden - Robbie Stevens
- Constance says that things fall apart "even when one does nothing," which the Doctor notes is entropy.
- Flip says that her native time is 2012. She was transported to 1948 by the Vilals' vortex scoop, which resembles an "upside-down whirlpool."
- The Vilal attempt to track the Doctor by his psycho-trace.
- In 1948, in the aftermath of World War II, Vienna is divided into four zones patrolled by America, Great Britain, France, and Russia.
- The Doctor materialises the TARDIS behind Hofburg Palace.
- The British are using Quicksilver to spy on the Kremlin, but due to its alien nature, it could actually influence the minds within the Kremlin.
- Entering the TARDIS is described as being "removed" from spacetime.
- Flip refers to Constance as "Connie."
- The Doctor uses the alias "Dr. John Smith".
- Flip's great-grandfather served in the Royal Air Force during World War II.
- Neither Constance nor Flip know which of them travelled with the Doctor first.
- The Vilal and Zerith are at war in their home system. Both have access to the time vortex, but the Vilal are losing, with their homeworld surrounded.
- The Vilal resemble armoured trolls or hobgoblins, while the Zerith resemble six-foot tall glass praying mantises.
- The Doctor describes Kinvar as an organic AI.
- Henry and Constance were unable to have children.
to be added
- The Doctor and Constance discuss her decision to leave the TARDIS. (AUDIO: Absolute Power)
- Constance remembers meeting the Doctor at Bletchley Park. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross)
- The Doctor refers to Ammar Elkady. (AUDIO: Absolute Power)
- The Doctor once again thanks Constance for organising the TARDIS inbox. (AUDIO: Planet of the Rani)
- Constance refers to the TARDIS garden. (PROSE: Head Games; AUDIO: Scaredy Cat)
- While looking at the TARDIS inbox, the Doctor sees the invitation to Flip and Jared Ramon's wedding in London in 2012. (AUDIO: The Widow's Assassin)
- Kinvar detected the Doctor's presence while he was at Bletchley Park and waited several months for him to return. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross)
- The Vilal track Flip using a sample of her biodata. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- The Doctor again dresses in his "Bletchley tweed." (AUDIO: Criss-Cross)
- Constance procures an outfit from the wardrobe. (TV: Pyramids of Mars, et. al)
- Flip laments that Jared got his friend Dodgy Steve to DJ their wedding reception. (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- The Vilal transported Flip from 2012 to 1948 using a time scoop. (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs, The Five Doctors)
- Flip refers to the White Rabbit. (AUDIO: The Reaping, The Harvest, Project: Destiny, A Death in the Family, The Longest Night)
- Flip tells Constance that she used to work at the cheese counter in the supermarket Fresh Goods. (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- Flip says that her school did not allow her to take her geography GCSE exam in much the same way as she was not allowed to take her history and French GSCEs. (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- Flip once again refers to her mother's boyfriend as "Creepy Nigel". (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- Constance tells Flip that she grew up in Nyasaland. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross)
- The Doctor claims to be Lord President of Gallifrey (TV: The Five Doctors, The Mysterious Planet) and invokes the ten millions years of the Time Lords' absolute power. (TV: The Ultimate Foe)
- Much like Judith Winters, Kinvar is a living being used as a battle computer. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- In the 19th century, Hofburg Palace was the home of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Sisi. (AUDIO: The Silver Turk)