|Companion(s):||Tegan, Turlough, Nyssa|
|Main enemy:||Rats, Rat King|
|Main setting:||Cadogan Tunnels, England, 9 June 1983|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||June 2011|
|Format:||2 CDs, 4 parts|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Kiss of Death||Robophobia|
Publisher's summary Edit
1983: as the country goes to the polls, two "Urban Explorers", together with a freelance journalist, break into the long-defunct Cadogan Tunnels, once a secret wartime facility... and later, so rumour has it, the site of an experimental laboratory with a nasty sideline in vivisection.
What they find, in its twisting underground corridors, is something the most cynical conspiracy theorist could never have imagined: a highly-evolved society of questing, intelligent creatures, living right under humanity's nose for decades.
But there's no way out of the tunnels — as the Doctor, Nyssa, Tegan and Turlough are about to discover when the TARDIS brings them, too, into the complex. It's a rat trap — and they've all been caught!
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Tegan - Janet Fielding
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Clifford Andrews - John Banks
- Sally Lucas - Alison Thea-Skot
- Dr. Christopher Wallace / The Rat King - Terry Molloy
- Kevin - David Seymour
- Matthew / Major Harris - Andrew Dickens
- Caitlin Jones - Charlie Norfolk
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor refers obliquely to his habit of building "Macguffins" to defend certain problems (in this case, the psychic connections between the rats).
- The Doctor tells Nyssa that UNIT will clean up after him, and tells Kevin he'll contact them in order to see if he could join up.
- British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher is mentioned several times. The Doctor notes that the 1983 general election will be a "landslide" for the Conservative Party.
- Turlough refers to the State of Grace in the TARDIS and how it will prevent weapons fire but not general damage.
- This story marks the first time that Peter Davison and Terry Molloy have worked together since TV: Resurrection of the Daleks in 1984.
- This audio drama was recorded on 10 and 13 December 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- Subscribers whose subscriptions included this story also received the audio short story Twilight's End.
- Nyssa refers to her visit to Stockbridge in 1199 and her memories of knights in armour. (AUDIO: Castle of Fear)
- The rats mention the Mara to Tegan. (TV: Kinda, Snakedance; AUDIO: The Cradle of the Snake)
- One of the rats refers to Nyssa's experiments on the Cractids in the 36th century. (AUDIO: Cobwebs)
- The rats exploit Nyssa's anger at the Master for killing her father Tremas and her stepmother Kassia. (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
- The Helheim cure is destablising. (AUDIO: Cobwebs)
- Turlough uses a spark wire from Purity. (AUDIO: The Whispering Forest)
- Official Rat Trap page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Rat Trap at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide