Real Time (audio story)
|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Alistair Lock|
|Cover by:||Lee Sullivan|
|Release number:||1 (spine number I)|
|Release date:||December 2002|
|Doctor Who -|
Big Finish Audio Dramas
Real Time was Big Finish Productions' audio release of the Real Time webcast that they co-produced with BBCi. This audio version of the webcast included extra scenes that were not included in the original webcast of the story. The final conclusions to this story and the consequences for Evelyn Smythe — namely her becoming the Cyberleader — have not been resolved and as she has had her departure story in A Death in the Family may never be resolved.
Publisher's summary edit
The Doctor is sent to Planet Chronos to find and bring back several survey mission teams that have vanished into thin air. Accompanied by his mature and loyal companion Dr Evelyn Smythe and a third survey crew, the team are close to solving the mystery, when a member of their gang mysteriously disappears. The Doctor realises that these disappearances are far more serious than they thought. The Cybermen couldn’t possibly be behind these strange goings on... could they?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables
- President - Robert Curbishley
- Dr Nicola Savage - Jane Goddard
- Fantham - Andrew Hair
- Taylor Renchard - Richard Herring
- Lieutenant Kreuger - William Johnston
- Ryan Carey - Stewart Lee
- Hoyer - Alistair Lock
- Administrator David Isherwood - Christopher Scott
- Dr Reece Goddard - Yee Jee Tso
- Dean - Mark Wright
- Cyber-Controller/Professor Osborn - Nicholas Briggs
- Goddard gives Evelyn a quick history of the Cybermen, mentioning their origins on Mondas, colonising, Mondas's destruction and the Orion Wars.
Theories and concepts edit
- Central to this story is a temporal paradox of Goddard's making. It is also one which is obviously resolved as Evelyn ends her travels with the Doctor on the planet Világ.
- The CD includes interviews and various behind the scenes audio clips from the making of Real Time.
- This audio drama was recorded on 19 March 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- The events of AUDIO: Spare Parts, TV: The Tenth Planet, the Cyberman (audio series) and AUDIO: Sword of Orion are skimmed over during Goddard's quick history of the Cybermen.
See also edit