|Main setting:||The Needle|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Stuart Manning|
|Release date:||August 2006|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Nowhere Place||The Reaping|
- You may be looking for the colour.
Red was the eighty-fifth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. This is the fifth audio story to feature Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor and Bonnie Langford as his companion Melanie Bush. This is writer Stewart Sheargold's first Doctor Who audio for Big Finish; he had previously written for their Bernice Summerfield series.
Subject 2660 Celia Fortunaté, designated citizen of the needle. Subject experiencing traumatic, violent delusions during waking moments. Subject remains passified and under control of Whitenoise. Medication has been prescribed.
Subject 0357 - Vi Yulquen, designated Matriarch of the needle. Subject is under constant surveillance due to her wish to experience harm. This is in direct contravention of Whitenoise's programming. Also supplier of the drug classified as Slow. Editing is required.
Subject 0841 Chief Blue. Technician in symbiotic relationship with this Whitenoise system. Knowledgeable in human psychological evaluation. Subject has been diagnosed a voyeur, and has a dangerous obsession with the Red Tape. Machine augmentation is favoured to curb this defect.
Subject [error] Melanie Bush, designated companion of subject 3999. Subject [error] is not chipped and is a threat. Her ability to harm has not been checked, compromising the continued security programming of this Whitenoise system. She must be inhibited.
Subject 3999 the Doctor. Subject has committed homicide. This subject now in constant redline. His propensity for violence remains unchecked. Analysis suggests synchronisation with the killer. The Doctor will attempt to kill again. He must be stopped.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Melanie Bush - Bonnie Langford
- Nuane - Denise Hoey
- Leterel - Ann Jenkins
- Chief Blue - Sean Oliver
- Draun - Peter Rae
- Celia Fortunaté - Kellie Ryan
- Whitenoise - John Stahl
- Vi Yulquen - Sandi Toksvig
- Uviol - Steven Wickham
To be added
- An illustrated preview by Martin Geraghty was featured in Doctor Who Magazine issue 372.
- To date, this is the final Big Finish audio drama to feature the Seventh Doctor and Mel.
- This audio drama was recorded on 7 April and 1 June 2006 at The Moat Studios.
To be added
- Official Red page at bigfinish.com
- Red at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Red at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide