a real world point of view
|Main setting:||Cotter Paluni's World|
|Read by:||John Telfer|
|Release date:||3 May 2012|
|Format:||1x1 hour CD|
|BBC Torchwood audio stories|
Red Skies was the ninth release of the BBC Torchwood audio stories.
Jack Harkness is in need of a holiday. He wants to get away from Torchwood, away from the human race – and where better to get completely away from it all than Cotter Paluni's World, a planet surrounded by deadly scarlet lightning and cut off from the entire universe?
But there are some shocks in store for Jack: the ‘Devil's World' might be completely isolated and inaccessible, but its inhabitants worship Torchwood. And before he can find out why, or how this is even possible, he finds himself arrested for murder.
It looks as if someone on the planet knows who Jack is – and they're out to get him...
- Jack's vortex manipulator is working.
- The story is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- Jack sees Suzie Costello's three deaths. (TV: Everything Changes, They Keep Killing Suzie, PROSE: Long Time Dead)
- Jack also sees the deaths of: Ianto Jones, (TV Children of Earth: Day Four, AUDIO: The House of the Dead) Lucia Moretti, (TV: Children of Earth: Day Three) Steven Carter, (TV: Children of Earth: Day Five) Gray, (TV: Exit Wounds) Owen Harper, (TV: Reset, Exit Wounds) Toshiko Sato (TV: Exit Wounds) and Alex Hopkins. (TV: Fragments)
- Cotter Paluni's World was previously mentioned by the Tenth Doctor as one of the places where he wanted to take Donna Noble. (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem)