- You may be looking for the audio story.
When a mysterious Christmas card materialises on the TARDIS console, Clara and the Doctor are pulled into an interdimensional adventure of astoundingly festive proportions! Packed with impossible sights and nigh-insurmountable stakes, this special issue also contains puzzles and games woven into the story!
to be added
- Twelfth Doctor
- Clara Oswald
- Celestial Toymaker
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Donna Noble
- Susan Foreman
- Ian Chesterton
- Barbart Wright
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
- The Doctor says the Toymaker was spawned in the chaos before time.
- Celestial has three syllables: Cel-est-ial.
- The games the Celestial Toymaker forces the Twelfth Doctor and Clara to play include charades and snakes and ladders.
- The deck of playing cards features the images of Victorian Clara, the Seventh Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor and Captain Jack Harkness.
- The Doctor helps the Toymaker because, as Clara sees, the Toymaker is a lonely god drifting through time and space in a box.
- Although this was the seventh story of the series, due to delays it ended up being published during the run of its preceding story.
Original print details Edit
to be added
- The Doctor summons his recorder. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)
- The Doctor says he doesn't like Christmas anymore as someone always tries to kill him before Boxing Day. (TV: The Christmas Invasion et al.)
- The Doctor remembers meeting the Toymaker in his first incarnation. (TV: The Celestial Toymaker)
- The toys the Doctor summons include K1, (TV: Robot) Autons with yellow coats, Bessie, (TV: Terror of the Autons), and a Voc robot. (TV: The Robots of Death)
- The Toymaker's army includes peg dolls (TV: Night Terrors) and clockwork robots (TV: The Mind Robber).
- The Doctor removes the Zero Room from the TARDIS in order to house the Toymaker. He says he will need to build a new one. (TV: Castrovalva et al.)