|Return of the Klytode|
|Main setting:||Washington DC 4041|
|Printed in:||DWA 154|
|Release date:||18 February 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Arctic Eclipse||Creature Feature|
The Doctor returns to the Oval Office in Washington DC in 4041 when it is home to the President of Earth. The President is about to hand over control of the Earth ecology to the new technologies being offered by the ambassador from the Akten Galaxy.
The Doctor is immediately suspicious when the Klytode is revealed. Apparently, a reformed character, the Klytode who is waiting in orbit wants nothing more than use his environmental knowledge to save the Earth. With the President under his control his army of androids is preparing to unleash toxic bombs at weather control centres across the globe. As the President is about to give the command, the Doctor snatches the headpiece. He warns the Androids that they have been used and will exploded by the Klyton. The "androids" realise this is not a good idea and turn on the Klyton!
The Klyton's control is over and he is captured in a net. Asked to change his ways by the Doctor for the power of good, the Klytode swears to never change, always desiring the complete destruction of the human race and Doctor’s total humiliation.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to scan the President of Earth for alien influence.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- This is a rematch for the Doctor and the Klytode. (see also DWA 26 The Snag Finders)
Original print details Edit
Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 154 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! Creature Feature