Publisher's summary Edit
I gazed up at the smoking hole the bomb had made - and then I realised something was wrong. Benny lay beside me, slack and tangled like a discarded rag doll, unnaturally pale, and unbreathing. She was dead.
The fragile stability of the Dellahan quarantine has been compromised, and something has escaped. Now, a man in the incipient stages of identity-collapse and a dying Bernice Summerfield have to search the byzantine cities of the Proximan Chain for an entity that killed his lover and her friend - an entity that will turn the Chain into its own version of hell.
to be added
- An ARVID appears in one of the Background chapters.
- Benny is still suffering from the Mary-Sue mind wipe she had performed.
- Benny and the Agent get blown out of a hotel room by a bomb, leaving Benny in a coma.
- Benny is cured of the Mary-Sue by her interaction with the Sleed brain. However on its way out, the Mary-Sue wiped several of her memories.
- Elanore Vita Hydrant Summerfield-Kane might be a descendant of Bernice Summerfield and Jason Kane.
- Chris Cwej goes under the alias Roland Forrester (referencing his dead friend Roz Forrester).
- Like The Mary-Sue Extrusion, this is told primarily in first person. However, throughout this novel are chapters entitled "Background", discussing the Stratum Seven Agent. There are also extracts from Bernice Summerfield's diary.
- An ARVID computer appeared in PROSE: Ship of Fools.
- This is a sequel to PROSE: The Mary-Sue Extrusion.