Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Revenge of the Judoon|
|Main setting:||Scotland, 1902|
|Release date:||28 February 2008|
|Format:||Paperback, 102 pages|
|Made of Steel||The Sontaran Games|
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS brings the Tenth Doctor and Martha to Balmoral in 1902. Here they meet Captain Harry Carruthers — friend of the new king, Edward VII. Together they head for the castle to see the king — only to find that Balmoral Castle is gone, leaving just a hole in the ground. The Doctor realises it it the work of the Judoon — a race of ruthless space police.
While Martha and Carruthers seek answers in London, the Doctor finds himself in what should be the most deserted place on Earth — and he is not alone.
With help from Arthur Conan Doyle, the Doctor and his friends discover a plot to take over the world. With time running out, who will fall victim to the revenge of the Judoon?
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Harry Carruthers
- Edward VII
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Lieutenant-General Robert Baden-Powell
- Professor Challoner
- The Doctor mentions the Plasmavore from his previous encounter with the Judoon.
- The Ogrons, mercenaries of the Daleks, are briefly mentioned as a replacement for the Judoon.
- The Doctor claims that he had dinner with Henry VIII and Alfred the Great.
- The Doctor mentions Charles III, Queen Camilla, and William V as successors of Queen Elizabeth.
- There are several references to H.G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds.
- Conan Doyle mentions The Strand. The Eighth Doctor had a collection of this magazine.
- This novella was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- This was the last Quick Reads release to feature one of the Doctor's companions until the novel Magic of the Angels in 2012; no Quick Reads featuring Donna Noble were ever published.
- The Judoon previously appeared in TV: Smith and Jones and subsequently in TV: The Stolen Earth, PROSE: Judgement of the Judoon, TV: Prisoner of the Judoon (The Sarah Jane Adventures), and TV: A Good Man Goes to War. However, the events of the SJA episode contradict this novel, which has the Judoon promising to never visit Earth again.
- The Doctor and Martha tell Harry Carruthers of their adventure in TV: Smith and Jones.
- Earlier in his personal timeline, the Sixth Doctor met Edward VII's grandson Edward VIII in London in December 1936 (PROSE: Players) whereas the Tenth Doctor met his mother Victoria in Scotland in 1879. (TV: Tooth and Claw)
- The Doctor makes references to TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, Marco Polo and The Reign of Terror.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Revenge of the Judoon at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Revenge of the Judoon