|Main setting:||Whitechapel & Scotland Yard, London, 30 September 1888|
Whitechapel, 8-9 November 1888
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
Richard Piers Rayner
|Printed in:||Doctor Who (2011) #2-4|
|Release date:||February - April 2011|
|Format:||American comic book - three issues|
|Doctor Who (2011)|
|Spam Filtered||They Think It's All Over|
Publisher's summary Edit
Part one Edit
This is it! No alternate worlds, no dreams or virtual cities-it's the first time ever that the Doctor goes up against JACK THE RIPPER! When the Doctor, Rory, and Amy find themselves in Whitechapel in 1888, they become part of a murder hunt for Jack himself-or should that be Jack ITself?
Part two Edit
Jack The Ripper has been caught! And even the Doctor has trouble talking his way out of this one! But why is the true Ripper following Amy? What is her connection to Mary Kelly? And how has Rory become the chief of police?
Part three Edit
Mary Kelly's dead, but was she supposed to die? In a changing future, the Doctor discovers his actions have led to a larger number of "canonical" Ripper victims—and that Amy is remembered as the next to be murdered… Can they find her before the future becomes real?
Part 1 Edit
The group travel back to Jack the Ripper's murders.
Part 2 Edit
Amy is kidnapped and wakes up bound and gagged with a green alien lizard looming on her.
Part 3 Edit
The Doctor and Rory hear in the Present Amy became one of the Ripper's victims. They go back to save her, the Doctor saying eventually the Universe will accept the changed list. In the past Amy is bound and gagged and encounters a green monstrosity, that claims it will take the Doctor's Time Craft. She finds Mary Kelly, who was also drugged. The Doctor and Rory meet a similar creature who claims the murderer is Mac'atyde, a criminal he is tracking. They battle and are sent through a portal into space.
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Mac'atyde (Jack the Ripper)
- Mary Kelly
- Elizabeth Stride
- a Ju'wes (Sir Charles Warren)
- Inspector Frederick Abberline
- Catherine Eddowes
- Mary Warner
- Tom Bullen
- Chief Inspector Smith
- 2011 Ripper tour guide
- Amy Pond and Rory Williams use the aliases Miss Marple and Inspector Clouseau.
- Mac'atyde hears the Doctor's two hearts.
- Alternate timelines have a period of time before "the universe accepts them."
- Mac'atyde's portal is mistaken for a freak time eddy.
Story notes Edit
- Despite the publisher's claim for part one, above, the Doctor has indeed investigated the crimes of Jack the Ripper before, in the BBC novel Matrix.
- In TV: A Good Man Goes to War, which aired not long after this comic story concluded, Madame Vastra claims to have caught and eaten Jack the Ripper. This contradicts the events of Ripper's Curse, although it is possible that Vastra may have caught the wrong suspect.
- The Doctor says that the TARDIS is "still playing up since all that holographic spam left her". (COMIC: Spam Filtered)
- The Doctor considers starting to carry a lasso with him, stating that lassos "are cool". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, et al.)
- Mac'atyde uses a shimmer suit to disguise himself as human. (TV: The End of Time)
- In order to track Mac'atyde down, the Doctor uses a device similar to the one he used in TV: Vincent and the Doctor.
Cover gallery Edit