Risk Assessment was the thirteenth release in the BBC Torchwood Novels series.
Agnes Havisham is awake, and Jack is worried (and not a little afraid). The Torchwood Assessor is roused from her sleep in only the worst of times — it's happened just four times in the last 100 years. Can the situation really be so bad? Someone, somewhere, is fighting a war, and they're losing badly. The coffins of the dead are coming through the Rift. With thousands of alien bodies floating in the Bristol Channel, it's down to Torchwood to round them all up before a lethal plague breaks out. And now they'll have to do it by the book — the 1901 edition!
to be added
- This book is also available as an ebook from the Amazon Kindle store.
- This story takes place in 2009 after the Dalek invasion. (TV: The Stolen Earth / Journey's End)
- Nina Rogers also appears in Bay of the Dead, The House That Jack Built and Consequences and is mentioned in The Undertaker's Gift
- Agnes mentions the events of TV: The Unquiet Dead.
- Whilst fighting a robotic soldier trying to open a subspace rift above the East India Docks, Agnes says that Torchwood can easily handle a space-time rift and that it is "far from Doomsday", a reference to TV: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday, as this spatial rift would cause Torchwood to build Canary Wharf and lead to the events of those episodes.
- After the loss of the Sea Queen ship in AUDIO: The Sin Eaters, Torchwood have replaced it with the Sea Queen II.
- Slyrr's comments on females, specifically mentioning the "thorax", mimic Jingo Linx's comments in TV: The Time Warrior.