|Printed in:||DWA 220|
|Release date:||2 June 2011|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Reality Cheque||The King and the Tripeberry|
- You may be looking for the Twelfth Doctor comic story.
Road Rage was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2011.
Inside a taxi in the city of Metrolos in the 41st century, the Eleventh Doctor explains to Amy Pond and Rory Williams that this is the safest place in the galaxy to drive. All the cars are driven by a robot permanently connected to a computer-controlled network connected to Travel Control through a hyperlink. The cars are all kept safely apart. They emit virtually no pollution because they run on recycled paper cups!
There is a collision. This has a domino effect on all the other cars. The Doctor takes the taxi's control. Avoiding the increasing pile-ups, he heads to Travel Control. They find Devela, a green blobby creature, holding the city to ransom with a computer virus. The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to disable the virus and Devela is led away by Metrolos Police department (M.P.D.)
to be added
- The name Devela is a play on DVLA the UK's licensing and governing body for all driving matters.
- Although all the vehicles are driven by robots connected to the Traffic Control hypernet — there is quite clearly a human driver in the right hand seat behind a steering wheel of the tanker that blocks the Doctor's path.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 220 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – THE DOCTOR AMY AND RORY HAVE TROUBLE WITH A TRIPEBERRY!
- No reprints to date.
to be added