|Robert G. Jewell|
|Death date:||10 May 1998|
|In the DWU|
Robert G. Jewell (1920-10 May 1998, Melbourne, Australia) was a Dalek operator in several episodes of the original Doctor Who television series and in the 1960s Dalek movies. Unlike most Dalek operators, however, he did get a chance to guest star in a speaking role outside the Dalek casing. He played Bing Crosby in "The Feast of Steven", thus giving him two roles in The Daleks' Master Plan serial.
He also notably took some still photography of the transmission of "The Feast of Steven" which, due to the fact that John Cura was not then employed to take telesnaps of Doctor Who, became the only surviving images of that episode. Technically, however, they weren't telesnaps, as they didn't use Cura's professional process. They were simply the amateur efforts of Jewell pointing a camera at his television screen and clicking, resulting in mostly very low quality, blurry images.
Doctor Who roles Edit
- Dalek Operator - The Daleks, The Dalek Invasion of Earth, The Chase, Mission to the Unknown, The Daleks' Master Plan, The Power of the Daleks, The Evil of the Daleks, The War Games.
- Zarbi - The Web Planet
- Clown - "The Feast of Steven"
- Macra Operator - The Macra Terror
1960s Dalek films Edit
Documentary appearances Edit
Other notable appearances Edit
- Robot Operator - The Terrornauts
- Internet Movie Database at the