SFX Collection #33 was the 33rd release in SFX's regular series of Special Edition Collections – subtitled on the spine "Doctor Who: Ultimate Guide" (2008).
- The top 10 most embarrassing things I've done as a Doctor Who Fan
- Meet the Monster Makers
- SFX has an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Millennium FX and interviews head honcho, Neill Gorton
- Poll Results: The Best Doctor Who Companions Ever
- Who did you decide was the greatest – and the worst – sidekick?
- She's back with her own show! Lis Sladen reveals why Sarah Jane has always been such a special role for her.
- Feminist icon or dad-magnet for the post-Grandstand crowd? Louise Jameson discusses the role of a savage companion.
- These days she would be the Doctor's posh totty, but in Classic Who the intelligent Romana soon became a companion cliché.
- Women may be better at multi-tasking, but acting and finger tapping at the same time proves beyond Freema's skills.
- Doctor Interview: Jon Pertwee
- No, we haven't consulted a psychic or lied about this special being 100% new material. Nick Setchfield unearths an interview which never saw the light of day ... until now.
- Producer Interview: Barry Letts
- The producer during the Pertwee era tells us what it was like dragging Doctor Who into the '70s
- Script Editor Interview: Terrance Dicks
- The script editor during the Pertwee era tells us what it was like getting Jon Pertwee to say his lines.
- Doctor Interview: Peter Davison
- Fresh from his triumphant return to Doctor Who in Time Crash
- Torchwood's techno nerd tells us about the Torchwood office party.
- Behind-the-scenes of the recording of Assassin in the Limelight
- The launch of its new Original Doctor Who stories range.
Episode Guides Edit
- Yeah, yeah, that was a year ago now, but you loved the episode guide we did last year for the first two series, so we had to continue the tradition...
- Oh, and we'll do the Christmas Special while we're at it.
- And the spin-off show, because it was so brilliant.
Additional details Edit
- SFX magazine (a regular monthly title in the UK) regularly produced special seasonal issues mainly focussing on a specific theme.
- This Collection looks at the series including an episode guide to the third series of Doctor Who (including Voyage of the Damned), and the first series of The Sarah Jane Adventures and was priced £5.99 (UK).
- Unlike some earlier special editions this special included all-new material.
- Favourite all-time companion as voted by readers was Sarah Jane Smith out of 35 and the most unloved 7 companions was crowned by Mel, who beat Adric at number 2.
- Paul Roberts, the chief sub-editor on this special, once worked with Freema Agyeman in a record shop!
- Unlike Doctor Who Magazine or Doctor Who Adventures, SFX is "100% unofficial and independent".