|Featuring:||Rani Chandra,Mr Smith|
|Main enemy:||Pied Piper, Ship, Eve|
|Main setting:||13 Bannerman Road|
|Premiere broadcast:||18 October 2010|
|Format:||1x30 minute episode|
|Sarah Jane's Alien Files|
|SJAF 1||SJAF 3|
Rani Chandra visits the attic of 13 Bannerman Road and tells Mr Smith of her search for a heroic, intelligent, mysterious subject on whom to practice her interview and journalism skills. Mr Smith begins to describe his own talents, but Rani stops him and informs him that what she'd actually been hoping for from Mr Smith was a suggestion of someone else to interview. While he considers the matter, Rani and Mr Smith update the Alien Files with data about the Pied Piper, Ship, and Eve.
During the update Rani admits that Mr Smith is indeed heroic, intelligent, and mysterious in his own right. Rani closes the new entries to the Alien Files in the manner of a newsreader.
- Title music - Murray Gold
- Music - Sam Watts
- Script consultant - Phil Ford
- Graphics - BBC Wales Graphics
- Director of photography - Tim Knight
- Camera operator - Leon Hoser
- Sound recordist - Olly Astles-Jones
- Make-up - Abi Brotherton
- Online editor - Paul Shields
- Dubbing mixer - Ashley Armstrong
- Production executive - Dominic Parry
- Production manager - Jane Jenkins
- Editor - Ivan Probert
- For BBC Wales - Brian Minchin, Nikki Wilson
- Director - Pip Banyard
- Executive producers - Gillian Scothern, Russell T Davies
- Series producer - John Piper
- Mr Smith and Rani note that the Pied Piper showed up at about the time Rani moved to Bannerman Road and first met Luke Smith, Clyde Langer, and Sarah Jane Smith. (TV: The Day of the Clown)
- Mr Smith compares the Pied Piper's ability to take human disguise to those of the Graske and Androvax.
- Regardng his headmastering technique, Rani jokingly compares her father to RoboCop.
- Mr Smith notes that Rani was a valued addition to the Bannerman Road Gang, and cites Erasmus Darkening, The Trickster, and Mrs Wormwood as threats which would have been harder to handle without her help.
- Mr Smith notes Eve's homeworld was destroyed in the same Time War which destroyed Gallifrey and killed almost all the Time Lords and Daleks.
Story notes Edit
- As Rani is able to relate the pertinent data to Mr Smith, it is established in this episode that Rani is aware of the alternate timeline surrounding her future self in TV: The Mad Woman in the Attic and its correction by Adam Lloyd. Whether Rani directly remembers the events herself or re-learned of them later by other means is not known.