Saldaamir conducted business with the Doctor's father, and was once interrupted when a young Doctor caught a cobblemouse. (PROSE: Unnatural History) Saldaamir was the last survivor of the Time Wars in Gallifrey's ancient past. Saldaamir and Ulysses considered themselves explorers and associated themselves with Lady Larna, who was from their future. (PROSE: The Gallifrey Chronicles) Larna and Saldaamir once attended a party with the Doctor. (PROSE: The Infinity Doctors)
Saldaamir once met Bernice Summerfield on Mars, where he informed her that he was going to San Francisco. Bernice had met Saldaamir once before this, but she could not remember where. (PROSE: Beige Planet Mars)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Lance Parkin submitted an entry for The Book of the War which included substantial details about the character of Mister Saldaamir. The editor of the book, Lawrence Miles, removed Parkin's entry before publication, leaving Parkin to publish the entry in the fan magazine Myth Makers.
- His home planet was "unhappened" in the ancient time wars, and he lost his memory, family, friends, and companions. However, he rooted himself to a new location by hastily marrying a passing witch; he rarely saw her after their eventful wedding night, but he always wore their wedding ring of blue gold.
- He was six foot three, of average build, and immortal. His teeth could bite through bone. He was always smartly-dressed and politely-spoken; he was the fourteenth oldest being in the universe. He could not travel through time, but he knew "enough about the future to be in the right place at the right time." He lived in San Francisco beginning in the late Cretaceous to monitor some temporal anomalies there, and he always kept in touch with a small number of likeminded individuals.
- His duty was to protect the timeline: not what happens in it, but that it exists. He had seen Last Contact in the future and it worried him.
- Saldaamir also appeared in Parkin's short story Fishy Business for the charity anthology Perfect Timing 2. In that story, Danny the Fish encountered a version of Bernice Summerfield who travelled with the Eighth Doctor; he informed Saldaamir in San Francisco that Bernice's timeline had been interrupted and that the Doctor might have made Last Contact.